29. Na All of us be Ashawo

***__________***

Omah lay once ryhmed, “Olosho wey no fine, Dem dey too like clout”.

***__________***

Before I say anything abeg, don't judge this chapter by the name.

The song for this Chapter was actually meant to be “Ashawo (All of us)” by Fireboy DML but, I had already used it as the song for a chapter so I picked “Free my mind” and the vibe of the song related well with this chapter.

And it's in Ini's POV. Who missed her Drama😂😂.

Enjoy✨

The song for this chapter is FREE MY MIND by Omah lay.

INI'S POV

I had done a very bad thing, a very very bad thing and no, this wasn't the first time.

There was a new movie that was coming out which was featuring top notch Nigerian actors and actresses. I knew that the the movie was going to be a bang and I badly wanted to be part of it so, I threw my morals out of the door and offered my body to get a reasonable role in the movie.

My mom would be so sad about what I had just done but I had to do it. I wanted to build my name up in the entertainment industry and that was what many others had done.

But this time, it was different. Some minutes after we had done it, I saw myself differently. There was one word that had rang in my brain constantly.

Ashawo!

The voice was so loud and I couldn't even argue with it. The feeling was so bad that I had even put Fireboy's Ashawo on repeat ever since that day.

I listened to it so much that the song began to grow on me. I knew every single word that Fireboy had said in that song and the song was definitely tired of me but I wasn't tired of the song one bit.

Na all of us be Ashawo!

Fireboy definitely needed a Grammy award for this song. He captured my whole mood in this song and his lyrics were fire.

I had taken a flight to Abuja and told my Mom about the new role I had gotten in a movie. She had terribly complained about my results and told me about the school's excursion which she had already paid for so I had to take a flight to Osun.

I had used an oil that was meant to make my butt bigger and it was honestly working. My body looked so good right now and I was very sure that Jason won't resist me now.

You are an Ashawo! Rest!

That little voice in my head taunted me and I badly wanted to scream that I was not an Ashawo, but-

Na all us be Ashawo!

"We are here," The voice of my chaffeur said, jolting me out of my line of thoughts.

"That's good. Please help me bring my bags out of the car and follow me." I told him as he got down of the car and opened the door for me.

As I stepped down from the car, with a Matching hoodie and sweatpants and some Crocs, a group of students gathered at a particular spot turned around to look at me.

I could see the look that filled their eyes. They all knew that I was a whore and they knew the Ashawo things that I had done.

Keep your head up high. No be only you be Ashawo!

"Madam, why you dey squeeze your bag like that?" Adamu, my chaffeur asked with a concerned look on his face.

"Just carry the bags and follow me!" I ordered.

"But madam, you just dey stand for one place dey squ-"

"Shut up and follow me. It's a simple task!" I yelled, making the attention of others turn towards me. "Just follow, me." I added, my voice coming out calmer than usual.

•x•x•x•

"Michelle, you were coming to Osun and I didn't know any single thing about it?!" Janet started as she walked over to my side. From her look, I could already tell that she was pissed.

"Janet, you are not my mother so you do not have any right to know my movements or whereabouts." I told her as soft chuckles escaped her lips.

Janet had crossed her hands and pinned her lips together. She had tapped her foot on the floor while she blinked at me.

Janet was already angry but she was trying her best to calm down.

"It's like our friendship needs a break." Janet said slowly and from her expression, you could see that what she said broke her more than it did to me.

"Don't pull that card on me, Janet," I said, typing on my phone and not even bringing my face up to look at her.

"I will pull that card on you Ini! I will!" She yelled as I raised up my head to look briefly at her and her eyes looked teary. "This friendship is one-sided and it's annoying! Yolanda was right about you all along!" She added.

Janet was used to yelling and shouting whenever she was angry but to be very honest, I didn't even have her strength today, at least not now.

I was fighting my own demons and the least thing I cared about right now was friendship.

So, I tuned up the volume of my music to the highest and let Janet pour her heart out to the people who were listening.

She can't be talking to me.

I felt a hand tug fiercely on my earpods as I raised my head up to look at Janet.

Janet was holding my earpods in one hand with the way she was holding it tight on her hands, I was scared that she would squeeze it and break it.

"Give me back my earpods, Adanna," I asked politely, stretching out my fingers.

"That's all you care about, Ini. It's always about you and no one else!" She yelled as a tear drop fell from her eyes. "I'm tired."

"Then give me back my fucking pods and get the fuck away from my face!" I yelled at her back.

Janet looked taken aback by my outburst. She couldn't believe that I had yelled at her the way I just did right now. The tears that she had been trying to hold back flowed down in torrents as small sobs escaped her lips.

"When you are back to your senses, text me."

That was the last thing Janet had said to me before she left my room.

Says “Phew” in Moroti's voice 🌚.

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter?

The truth sef is that Janet can never leave Ini alone. It's like they did Juju for her that she must stick with Ini through thick and thin. I need friends like Janet to be honest.

And Ini, I don't want any hate on Ini. Please 🥺

Gracias ✨