36. Only God knows

°•°•°__________°•°•°

We are all a bunch of people, broken and scarred, but not beyond repair.
°•°•__________°•°•

This chapter will go from ‘Awwn’ to overly emotional so get prepared.

You'll get to know more about Miranda today. I don't want to say much here sha.

The song for the chapter is ‘Only God knows (Beautiful Mind)’ by Johnny Drille.

Enjoy ✨

MIRANDA'S POV

I've always wanted to date a guy who knew how to cook, very well. I had always imagined a scenario where I'd be suffering from severe cramps and my boyfriend will wake me up with breakfast in bed.

Imagination wan wound me.

"Why are you staring at me and smiling. What's on your mind?" Dami asked, turning back with a spoon in his hand.

He was wearing our school's uniform top and wore an Apron so he wouldn't ruin his uniform, yet he already had a stain on his shirt.

"I just find your cooking skills kinda hot, that's all," I replied bluntly. He gave me a weird look at first then the tips of his lips curved up into a small smile.

"I- I just-" he started as I burst into laughter.

He was blushing. How cute.

"I find you hot too." He said with his signature smirk as he walked closer to my side.

I looked down at myself and that was when I figured out I was wearing nonsense, pure rubbish.

I was wearing one of Dami's hoodies that I had stolen during our excursion and some shorts. My hair was still in it's ruined state, a rough all back.

"You don't need to freak out dear, I figured out the hoodie was mine a long time ago. Just keep it." He told me, using his finger to brush my hair backwards.

"You're not angry that I went through your things?" I asked, biting my lower lip gently.

"I'm not angry one bit. And I'm not going to lie, seeing you in my hoodie is kinda hot." He said, turning off the pot of Ofada sauce. "I'm done cooking." He added, removing the apron.

"I'm not even scenting the Ofada sauce. I'm sure you cooked nonsense." I said as he hissed.

"And if you vex me, you no go chop my nonsense." He replied sarcastically as I rolled my eyes.

"On top my own house and ingredients again? Keep playing." I told him as we both burst out laughing.

I dished two separate plates of Ofada rice with sauce for both of us, the I brought out two Pepsi bottles from the fridge and placed it on a tray.

He held the tray gently as we both walked to the Living room. I had successfully bathed Kayla and put her to sleep so I had no worries anymore, except my aunt coming back.