40b. Suprises and more suprises

^^••••••••••
Sometimes we can't breathe and that's fine too.
••••••••••^^

Welcome to another Chapter. This is the ‘B’ part of the first chapter and it's still not completed yet because there is a still a ‘C’ which I haven't finished writing.

Zephan's story is the second most confusing one in this story. The most confusing is Miranda's story because sometimes when I'm writing, I get confused too 😂😂😂.

Anyhow, let's dive right in.

ZEPHAN's POV

I've seen Stephanie happy— she was always happy except on her grumpy days but today, Stephanie was too happy. I could feel it and sense it and it made me happy.

"Seems like your younger sister has a husband now."

I looked up to see David standing at a corner with Apple juice in one hand and an Apple on the other hand.

"Saying it like that is wrong. He's too old for her." I replied.

"So, if she gets someone her age or a little bit older than her age, would you accept?" David asked me.

"I'm tired of all your questions-"

"Daddy!"

Stephanie had jumped down from the table she danced on and in less than a minute, she was in his arms, in the arms of the man that I had grown to detest this past few weeks.

The man that knocked my mother up so she could have Stephanie and I.

He was never home, always going from one business trip to the other and just one day, he told me that he might never come back so I shouldn't be expecting him. He told me to take care of Stephan because he knew I could do it.

The last time I set my eyes on him was last year, three days after Stephanie's fourth birthday.

And now, he was here again, a day after Stephanie's Fifth birthday.

All eyes had turned to him. No one in Estrella high knew about my father because I hadn't told them anything about him. No one, not even Social media knew about my father because my parents had a secret wedding and kept my Dad's name a secret too.

Stephanie looked so much like Dad, except from the fact that Stephanie was a girl. They had the same facial features and skin color and the same color of eyes.

I didn't want to see Dad here, because I felt like his presence was going to ruin a lot of things, and I wasn't lying one bit.

' .' .'

When I saw Dad and Mom going upstairs, I didn't need a soothsayer to tell me that they went to go sort out some issues upstairs so I didn't bother to disturb them.

But out of curiosity, I found myself walking upstairs, till I got closer to the rooftop and that was where I found them, or rather heard them.

"I love my family and I can't hurt them, Selena. I'd pay for child support and try to spend some time with them, but I can't promise to be a good husband because it wasn't part of the contract."