18. A Lasting Impression

Author's Note: Hey ya'll, this is the final official chapter for The Magical Islands Of Da, I will be doing a thank you chapter as a bonus, I'm proud of this final chapter how it turned out and can't for ya'll to read it, anyways let's see how it goes!

If you like this chapter/story, feel free to give it a vote or to share it to others as it always helps and means so much to me. 

Cole pointed his index finger at Seth while the eye on the man's staff squinted at The Boy, the ring and the staff shot light at each other, both beams coming into contact. The impact caused the room and environment to shake, the guards and Jessica fell on the floor, however Cole and Seth didn't drop. The beams started to brighten the room more and more, almost blinding like the sun, a ringing sound started to pierce the ears. 

Seth jumped to the side, the beam of combined light went to the wooden throne, destroying the chair and the wall, clouds of dust filled the room, the rain outside started to come in and fill the room. Cole looked around the room, the guards and Jessica backed up from him. Cole ran out the room and into a bunch of hallways, looking for the way to the exit. Cole was knocked to the floor from tripping over a wire, he looked behind and saw Seth climb out of a painting from the wall, the painting shimmered before going back to normal, Seth got up and started to approach closer. 

Cole flicked his finger again, sending a light beam to the man. They ducked to the side and would juke in different directions, dodging all the light beams from the index finger with the ring. Cole got up and ran to another room, it was a dining room with a nicely lit table, silverware and plates were nicely presented on the table. Cole jumped under the table and started to crawl to the other side, footsteps could be heard getting louder before the table let off a loud noise, there were no noises, Cole scanned the room while staying under the table, not only were there no noises but Seth's feet couldn't be seen. 

The sound of wood cracking was heard in a loud boom, Cole looked over and saw Seth's staff stabbed through the table, it had just missed him. The staff was taken out and stabbed back in, missing Cole again. Cole climbed to the other side while just barely dodging getting stabbed multiple times, a hand from above grabbed him on the arm and yanked him out from under the table, Seth was struggling to hold him. 

Cole grabbed a plate and smashed his hand, shattering the plate, "Gah! You stupid kid! How gah! How dare you!" They let go of Cole, the table had a nice wool cloth, Cole used the ring to beam light on the cloth, the table started to catch on fire, he ran out of the dining room and went to the painting he saw earlier, there was one guard with Jessica at the painting. "Move move! Move out of the way!" 

Cole yelled as he ran up to the painting, the guard pulled out a long sword and raised it up, Cole flicked his index finger, causing the light from the ring to beam on the guard, the guard fell on the ground and became lifeless. Jessica jumped back and backed up against the wall, tears in her eyes. "Jessica please just leave me alone, I don't want to hurt you!" 

He looked behind and saw Seth holding his staff, behind him were levitating forks and knives. A loud boom and metal click sound rang out from behind, Jessica was no longer there and the door behind him was shut. Cole yanked on the door handle for a few seconds before looking back at Seth. A couple of knives and forks were flinged his way, Cole ducked away, the sound of silverware fell on the floor, Cole looked and saw more coming his way, he jumped to the floor towards Seth, the knives going over his head. 

The man picked up Cole and took him to one of the towers of the castle outside, the rain poured down heavily with lightning coming down repeatedly, it was really warm outside with the rain. Seth held up Cole, Cole looked down at the man while struggling. "This is the end of the line for you kid! I'm sorry it had to come to this! I'm really sorry." The eye on the staff started to glow bright while looking at Cole, Cole tensed up and breathed heavily.