Twenty six

- MELBOURNES POV -

Keeping my distance from everyone, I've been sitting on the swing for some time. I saw the boys hyping Jaxon up for his date as he walked out of the villa, and the whole thing really hurt me. Regardless of us being in a weird spot right now, I would have still reassured him if I was the one going on a date.

"Are you okay?" I hear, looking up and seeing Molly take a seat next to me.

"Would you believe me if I said yes?" I ask.

"No I wouldn't"

"Everything has just been off these past couple of days. The drama with Sydney, majority of the villa leaving, Jaxon and I arguing and now this stupid date." I say sighing.

"So Jaxon still hasn't talked to you?" She asks.

"Not since last night, where he basically shut me down and said we'll leave it until the morning, but obviously he's on that date so it's just added to the issues."

"From what I've seen and heard from Tate, Jaxons a very genuine guy and wears his heart on his sleeve, so something must have really upset him for him to be acting like that."

"Yeah but the only thing I can think of that upset him was me talking to Hugo last night, and he has absolutely no idea that the chat Hugo and I had was me literally shutting him down and letting him know I'm 100% with Jaxon." I say, starting to get irritated with the situation. "Honestly enough about me and my drama, how are you and Tate?" I ask Molly.

"Things are going really well, it's still fairly early but he's really sweet." She says.

"How about everyone else? I feel like I've been so involved in my own drama I haven't even asked anyone else how their couples are going."

"Toby and Sydney are definitely on the outs." She says, and I look at her surprised.

"Are you serious?" I ask, putting two and two together.

"Yeah, she came to me a few days ago and was filling me in, he basically doesn't like how she acts in certain situations, something about her "not being an adult" or something."

"You think that's why she jumped at Jaxon and I in the challenge?" I ask.

"How do you mean?" She says, trying to block out the sun with her hand.

"Think about it, I mean Jaxon and I were smooth sailing up until now, she obviously was having issues with Toby and wanted to project their issues onto us." I say, making sense of the whole situation.

"Yeah I guess that makes sense, they've been having issues since after casa." She says. "But you should still have words with her and see what the problem is, just in case you're reading too far into it."

I nod and we continue to chat about life back home. Molly and I actually have a lot more in common than I thought. She was telling me all about her family being big on surfing too, and how she used to be really good at it when she was younger, but never continued on with it.

"Honestly if there was anything good that came out of the Sydney drama, it was Molly. I probably would have never gotten to chat with Molly as frequently as I have been had I still been on good terms with Sydney." I say in the beach hut.

Before I knew it we were all getting ready for the night, and Jaxon was still not back from his date.

"Should I be worried?" I ask the girls, to which they all seemed to not want to respond to that question.

"Fuck. My. Life" I whisper, continuing to finish getting ready.

I got changed into a pair of Jean shorts that I paired with a black tank top. I really didn't have the energy tonight to try too much on my appearance, so I kept the make up super light.

We all made our way back outside, and I decided now was the time to pull Sydney for a chat.

"You wanna have a chat?" I ask her, to which she slowly nods yes as if she's uninterested.

"So..." she asks, as we sit down on the beanbags by the pool.

"So, about the challenge" I say. "I guess I'm just curious as to why you did that."

She tuts and rolls her eyes.

"For fucks sake Melbourne it was a challenge, you read way to fucking deep into everything."

"You don't have to be a bitch about it though, you act like I don't have reason to be upset." I reply, raising my voice slightly. "You would have been pissed if I wrote you and Toby's name too so don't even start."

"No, I wouldn't have been pissed. I would have laughed, like any other human being during the challenge. Maybe how upset you got over it just proved my point." She says.

"The only point being proven here is that you're a complete bitch, that's probably why even Toby doesn't want to be with you." I say, then immediately regret my choice of words as tears starting forming in her eyes.

"Fuck you" she says, getting up and walking back inside. I notice Ally running up to comfort and join her.

Molly looks my direction from the kitchen.

"You good?" She mouths.

I gave her a thumbs up, despite not feeling very good about everything.

Did I feel bad? Yes. But honestly at this point I'm so exhausted from everything that's happened. My feeling of wanting to leave the villa has only grown these passed couple of days, it's mentally draining being with a bunch of dramatic people. And the one person I could count on isn't even on my side at the moment.

I couldn't even continue to think because before I knew it I saw Jaxon and the new girl walk back into the villa.

She had her arm linked through his and they both looked quite happy and giddy.

"Hi everybody I'm Aria." The beautiful brunette says, as most of the islanders gather around them in the kitchen.

Because I wanted to be the bigger person and show that I can be mature, I went over and introduced myself to Aria. She seemed nice enough, but for my own sanity I decided to not join the conversation, and instead head inside. As I left the kitchen J and I made eye contact, and the look in his eye was almost apologetic.

I awkwardly walked passed Sydney  in the bedroom who was being comforted by Ally, to which they both shot me daggers. But again, wanting to be the bigger person, I stopped and spoke up.

"Sorry about earlier, I'm just feeling a lot of emotions right now." I say to Sydney, giving her a half smile

She sniffles.

"I'm sorry too. I hope we can move past this" she says.

"We can for the sake of everyone here but I don't really want that friendship back" I say as she nods understandingly as Ally just sat there in silence.

"I'll leave you guys be" I say as I walk out of the bedroom and upstairs to the terrace.

I could hear the conversation the islanders were having from the terrace down in the kitchen. I couldn't hear Jaxon speak, but I could hear Aria speaking with Toby.

"How was your date then?" He asks her.

Unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you view it I couldn't hear her answer because a door being opened caught my attention.

"Can we talk?" A very quiet Jaxon asks me.

"I've been waiting." I say, letting him take a seat next to me.

AUTHORS NOTE:
Listen I know you're probably not happy with me cutting this chapter at such a good part but I promise it'll be worth it. I was gonna include the conversation in the chapter but I didn't want the chapter to be overly long. Don't worry though, you won't have to wait long for the next chapter :) see you next time!