Twelve

- Vinnie's POV -

"So..." I say. Is there an us?"

I was shitting bricks waiting for her answer. I've liked Mel from the beginning but never thought I'd get the chance with her, mainly because she was set with Hugo. I didn't want her to turn down a shot with me just because she was with him, so I waited for the perfect time. Which happens to be now.

"We're not exclusive V, but I definitely want to get to know you. We've had a great friendship connection so far so it would be nice to see where that goes." She says. "But I also don't want you to disregard getting to know anyone else right now, you're single, I'm single, so it's the perfect opportunity for us both to get to know everybody before settling with each other."

"I can work with that" I say. "But I've had my talks with all the girls and you're my number one in here as far as romantic feelings go."

"I agree, you're also my number one too but I'm still getting over everything that happened with Hugo. I don't want us to rush into anything like he and I did and end up having a falling out."

I nod. "Luckily for you and me I'm not like Hugo in relationships. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy but he's stupid in relationships."

She laughs and we both go silent.

"Is it too early for a kiss?" I ask.

She smiles. "I never said kissing was off limits."

I lean in and she meets me in the middle for a long drawn out kiss. Fireworks, at least on my end. I didn't want it to end but she eventually pulled away, giving me one last peck.

"Wow, good personality and good kisser" I say.

She stifles a laugh.

"I'd say right back at you but I think your ego has been stroked enough tonight."

Smiling I shake my head and stand up, grabbing her hand and pulling her up from where she was sitting. As we were making our way over to the kitchen to get a refill on our drinks, Kienna gets a text.

It read, "islanders, a stack of cards is waiting for you by the fire pit, it's time to play a game of truth or drink! #juicytruths #dirtylittlesecrets"

Everyone cheers and we all make our way over to the fire pit. Mel of course is sat next to me and I rest my arm behind her spot.

Joey pulls a card first.

"Drink If you've ever cheated on a partner"

Shit.

Bailey drinks first, Maverick drinks not long after and I soon take a sip as quickly as possible.

Mel looks at me in shock.

"You? Really?" She says.

"It was in high school, I was an immature boy then. I've never done it since." I say.

She nods and looks away.

Fuck I definitely lost points with her for that.

Amiah grabs the next card.

"Drink if you've never been in a serious relationship"

Toby is the only to drink. Everyone is seemingly surprised as he doesn't seem like the type to not have been in a serious relationship.

"I've just never had the time to date in the past seriously." He says. "I have more time now so hopefully I can get this one to stay." He says squeezing Sydney's arm.

Toby pulled the next card.

"Have you ever slept with someone without knowing their name."

Amiah, Hugo, Bailey, Maverick, Melbourne and I all drink.

"How does that even happen?" Sydney asks.

"Too much alcohol will do the trick." Melbourne says. The rest of us who drank nod in agreement.

The game continues on for a few more rounds and eventually Mel pulls the last card. At this point we've all drank at least once.

Mel looks at the card in a confused manner.

"Drink if you've ever showed up to a party late"

Before anyone even moves a stunning blonde walks into the villa and over to the fire pit. Did I mention stunning?

"Guess I better drink" she says and takes a sip from the cup in her hand. When she finishes she introduces herself.

"I'm Kennedy but y'all can call me Kenny." She says. She gives everyone a quick hug before we all head over to the kitchen to get to know her better. I sure as hell don't mind.

Everyone asks the basic questions and here's what we know. She's 24, studying to be a doctor and is from Texas but is going to school in Michigan. Is this girl made for me?

"Hey I'm from Michigan!" I say. "Nice to see some fellow islanders residing there."

Mel sighs and takes a sip of her drink. I feel bad because I really do like her but she also was the one to tell me to get to know everyone. Technically I'm just doing what she told me to do.

Eventually once we've asked enough questions and Kennedy was done answering we all went off to get ready for bed. Before I entered the guys dressing room I felt an arm grab me.

"Hey before you go get ready for bed you want to have a chat?" Kennedy says.

Authors note: yikes! I smell a love triangle! If anyone needs a reminder, here are the current couples:

Amiah and Joey
Sydney and Toby
Hugo and Bailey
Melbourne and Vinnie
Kienna and Maverick
And of course, Kennedy who is single.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter from vinnie's POV and let me know if you would like to see more from his POV! See you all next time!