Eighteen

- Vinnie's POV -

Squished between Toby and Hugo in a jeep, we eventually pull up to our temporary villa. It was decorated similar to the original villa, just smaller. I have to say, being here feels extremely relieving. It's like I don't have to worry about my issues with Mel and the rest of the islanders for a couple days.

"How are you feeling man, you excited to see some new pretty faces?" Maverick asks me, catching me off guard.

"I mean yeah, it's always nice to have more beautiful women around" I say.

"That's the spirit, don't worry too much about last night right now, just enjoy yourself these next couple of days" he says, patting my back.

I nod, and out of the corner of my eye see Tate glancing at me funny, as if he was angry at me for what I said.

Before I could even say anything to Tate, five gorgeous girls walked into the villa. One by one they all came over to us and introduced themselves.

"We're in trouble mate" I say looking at Toby, who laughs.

- Mels POV -

Meeting the casa boys felt weird to say the least, it was like day one in the villa again.

There were 6 gorgeous boys that introduced themselves to us. Jay who is 27, Mason who is 21, Issac who is 28, Lewis who is 25, Trent who is 22, and Jaxon who is 25.

Jay is a travel photographer, Mason is attending college, Issac manages one of his dads restaurants, Lewis is a video editor, Trent is a fireman and Jaxon said he's "working on it."

After first meeting the boys, the girls and I went off to the fire pit to discuss it all.

"Did you see the arms on that Trent guy? He's bigger then all the other villa boys combined." Amiah says.

"What about you Sydney, see any competition for Toby?" I ask

"They're certainly nice to look at but I'm good with what I have" she says.

"Mason is definitely a bit of me" Kienna says.

"Mel, how about you, feeling any of the guys?" Amiah asks.

"I'll have to wait and see, they all seem lovely."

"I don't like giving away to much too soon. That's how word goes around and how things get spread. But I'll be honest, being here without the original boys is a nice break" I say in the beach hut.

After all us girls finish chatting about who we like so far, we all split off into smaller groups. Kienna and Kennedy of course waste no time getting up and personal with the boys.

"Do they ever take a break?" Sydney asks, sitting next to me and Amiah by the pool.

"Not as long as there's guys here they won't." I say.

"So" amiah says. "I know you were keeping it quiet over there because you didn't want to spill to the other three, but spill to your besties who your into"

"First off, never talk like that again" Sydney says, I laugh. "And second off, I think we all can tell exactly which boy Mel likes. He's literally the definition of a surf boy."

"Mels got a little crush on Jaxon then don't she?" Amiah says.

"Just because he looks like a surf boy doesn't mean he's my type" I say.

"So we're wrong then?" Amiah says glaring

"Well not necessarily" I say

"So you do like him?" Sydney says excitedly.

"God you girls are more than enough to deal with in this villa." I say and they laugh

Amiah, Syd, and I continued to chat for awhile. Amiah seems to find Trent attractive, but she's really into Joey so I would be surprised to see anything happen there. Same with Sydney, I would also be surprised to see her couple up with a casa boy.

Once us girls finished chatting, I got up and made my way into the kitchen to make something to eat. I decided on making pasta, and while the water was boiling, Jaxon came over.

"You making pasta?" He asks, sitting down.

"Yeah, you want some?"

"If you don't mind, but I really came over to chat to you." He says.

"Yeah? How's villa life treating you so far then?" I ask.

"Honestly it's been really cool, a little nerve racking though to say the least."

"You'll adjust pretty quickly" I say, finishing up the pasta and making both of us a plate.

"Thanks" he says. "I'll be sure to cook you something next time." He smiles.

"You a good cook then?" I ask him.

"I'll let you be the judge of that when I cook for you." I smile

"So I know earlier you said you're "working on it" in regards to your job, but what does that mean?" I ask.

"So I actually do have a job but I kept it secret because I wanted to see if you remembered me."

"Remember you?" I ask, confused.

"I'll give you a couple hints, 2019, California surfing finals, big ass waves." He says, then it dawns on me.

"Oh my god you're Jaxon Cullen, we competed against each other!"

"Bingo" he says.

"Holy shit, you look so different from then, I didn't even recognize you."

"Yeah, that's what happens when a girl kicks your ass in surfing." He says smiling, which makes me laugh.

"Well if it makes you feel better I got eliminated after that round anyway." I say.

He laughs.

"So do you still professionally surf then?" I ask

"Yeah, and I've actually gotten a lot better since then. Maybe you and I could go surfing sometime when this whole thing is over" he says.

"Absolutely, Then I can kick your ass again." We laugh.

"Honestly you probably will, your a beast out there." He says.

We continue talking and eventually finish our food. Jaxon grabs both our plates and volunteers to do the dishes. I stay around and we continue to chat about surfing and other professionals that we both know. While we're in the middle of a conversation a text goes out.

"I've got a text!" Mason says.

"Islanders, tonight you will be competing against the other villa in a series of challenges. Whatever villa finishes the task first gets a point. The villa that gets the most points will win a cocktail party. #LetTheGamesBegin #VillaVsVilla"

Authors note:
Ahhh I'm so excited to keep writing this book, I have a lot more to come! Also, what are our thoughts on Jaxon? And what about Vinnie? Do we think Vinnie is staying loyal or playing the field? (Haha get it cause he plays baseball) See you all next time!