Chapter 14: Glide

A/N

Basically that entire fight was a hallucination, one of Cathedral's dreams...

***

Chapter 14

Cathedral couldn't help tense when Scott's hands gently glided over hers.

His hands were cold, a chilling feeling spreading across her spine. His hands were soft, like a satin pillow. His fingers were thin and long, pale as it took Cathedral's in his own.

Gritting her teeth, she felt silly, naive almost as butterflies danced in her stomch; some floating to her chest. A giddy feeling erupted in her stomach, floating to her chest and erupted into thousands of hormone fireworks.

She tensed, her body stiffened.

No, she was not in love with Scott Major...Again...

Scott stopped, the taller boy leaned down and examined Cathedral's face. Gently, his fingers traced her skin, sending sparks of joy down Cathedral's body. Every fiber of her wanted to kiss the boy, but she clenched her jaw, resisting the urge.

His fingers linegered on her lips, just a second too long.

Cathedral couldn't help the ghost of a smile flow across her face.

She turned, her gaze failing to meet his. She shut her eyes, just as waves of emotion tumbled over her like a wave.

Then, the most unexpected thing happened, even crazier than chocolocians throwing moist cupcakes whilst stealing coffee.

Scott picker Cathedral up bridal style.

Her breathing hitched, her breaths stuck in her throat. She could almost see his smirk as he pulled her closer. She knudged her face against his chest, taking in the warm, calming scent of his clothes.

He smelt of warm chesnut, mixed with the scent of cinommin coffe.

"Hey..." Scott said gently, his voice soft as if talking to a child.

Cathedral hummed, gripping to Scott even tighter.

Scott sighed, "Remember the day we met."

She couldn't help the ghost of a smile glide across her face.

"The one where I commited arson?" She whispered into the crook of Scott's neck.

"Exactly."

She grazed the once lively palace, no haunted of all spirits. The creamy, white walls now a light, ashy gray. It was as if the tint of black enveloped the castle, the shadows swallowing the dainty light. The crumbling buildings fell like cookies, shuddering the ground. The pieces of stone hitting, grinding against the wooden flooring.

You could feel the warmth of the hearth, that was once an engulfing flame that spread through the palace, sending screams of pain and worry across the kingdom. Cathedral took much joy in committing arson, as she was able to watch the roaring flames grow; bigger and bigger, brighter, and brighter. The orange flames wrapped in a glaze of red, like a woman laced with a red frock they danced through the castle, igniting the once cool palace.

"It was really a beautiful fire huh?" Scott teased, a grin tugging at his lips.

"Hey! Don't act as if you're not chaotic!" Cathedral retorted.

It was music to her ears as Cathedral watched from afar, hearing the distant begs of mercy. The peasant cried, down on their knees. She remembered laughing at their stupidity, grinning as the entire kingdom was set ablaze. The screams of pain as human 's flesh was met with the burning fire, their skin crippling, darkening, as the agonizing pain seared throughout their entire body.