Chapter 2: Forge

A/N

You'll see more about Morana's backstory later, you'll see

***

Cathedral levitated above the worlds.

Once again, she saw the four districts.

And the fifth.

The real world.

She grinned, her eyes glowing lavender as she gently pinched the air in front of her.

Slowly, the five districts replicated.

Down below, Cathedral imagined the citizens of the districts, slumbering peacefully, completely unaware that death was about to come.

She rotated her wrist and the replicas of the districts began piecing together into an arena.

This arena was unlike any other.

It was completely controlled by Cathedral's magic.

With a flick of her wrist, it could vanish or begin to move. With a snap of her fingers, monsters could appear or disappear. With a nod of her head, the arena could enlarge itself or shrink.

Cathedral couldn't help but laugh as her eyes shifted into a pale lavender.

She raised her eyes and saw that the moon had vanished, replaced by the ball of fire known as the sun.

Night time was over, Cathedral's time had come.

She pinched the air in front of her and a screen appeared as well as a microphone.

"Greetings fellow citizens of districts!" Cathedral's voice boomed as her lips curled into a cruel smile, "I have began a gameshow that will officially begin today. I will pick out a name from each district, the person by that name will meet at my arena in exactly one day. If you don't show up, I will destroy everyone and everything in your district."

Cathedral paused to let that sink in.

"Now," Cathedral began, smirking, "Let us begin."

She swiped her hand in front of her and eight gigantic jars appeared.

Cathedral reached into the first jar and pulled out a piece of folded paper, "From the first district, Utopia!" she paused for affect, "Martyn Littlewood and Etho Slab Littlewood!"

"From the second district, Aquarius! Grian Jumbo Nordio And Scar Guilded Healthia!"

"From the third district, Succumbed, Cleo Xnophe Darkwater And Ren Xnophe Darkwater!"

"From the fourth district, Rivendell! Scott Autumn Major and Lauren Rhian Dew!"

"From Oceania! James Shadowlady and Anahita Joseph Matila!"

"From the Grimlands! Gemini Tay and Tango Talia Brooks!"

"From Mezalea! Elizabeth Shadowlady and Adrienne Castillo Flores!"

"From Lorrel! Pearl Karenina!"

Cathedral's lips curled into a sneer, "If there are any objections, please talk to this account!"

Cathedral shoved a paper into the camera and continued, "You have exactly one hour to prepare! You are aloud to bring one weapon!"

"What!" Morana asked, raising an eyebrow at the screen, "She wants Pearl to duel to the death?"

Pearl looked helplessly at her sister, sweat breaking out across her forehead, "I haven't even learned that many spells, and-"

Morana cut her off by pressing the button near the screen and speaking, "Cathedral, are you insane? Pearl can't participate in this gameshow!"