Chapter 6: Kisses

"How does this portal even work?" Cathedral asked, yawning.

Scott shrugged, "No idea."

"Do I just... touch it or something?" Cathedral continued.

Scott shrugged again.

Cathedral sighed, reaching down to touch the portal.

At the last moment, she slipped, toppling head first into the portal.

She screamed.

But it was too late.

Darkness took hold of her, light flashed in strands.

She had no idea what was happening.

All she could hear was an echo of Scott's voice, calling her name.

Her heart leaped at his voice.

Something cold and damp wrapped around her body, as though her clothes were turning into mist.

Cathedral shuddered as she touched down onto soft, unbelievably green grass.

She covered her eyes, glancing around.

The emerald green grass was flickering in and out of existance, as though it were also made of mist.

But that wasn't possible.

Was it?

The grass was so vivid, so soft, so real.

How could it be fake?

"Cat!" Scott's voice snatched her from her thoughts and made her heart skip a beat, "Are you alright?"

Cathedral managed a nod.

They made their way towards a glimmering door in the distance.

"Is it just my imagination, or is the door moving away from us?" Cathedral asked, stopping in her tracks.

Scott shrugged, "I remember Morana mentioning someone named Legendaria?"

Cathedral rolled her eyes, "Yeah, and how do we find her if the door keeps moving away?"

"I suggest you don't mention anyone by name, child, mentioning names in the Spirit Realm is never good, especially when you mention the names of those who have escaped death,"

Cathedral whipped around, tridant in hand.

Standing behind her was a woman with long ebony hair, her eyes glowed with power, and a purple aura radiated from her.

Cathedral squinted, hoisting her tridant higher, one of the woman's eyes seemed to be glowing like the sun while the other looked like it was shimmering with moonlight.

"You're Legendaria, the assistant of Marzanna," Scott said.

Legendaria grimaced, "Not this again! Why does everyone say that?"

Scott winced, backing away.

Cathedral smiled her warmest smile, "We don't know much about you, Legendaria,"

"No one knows much about me," the goddess scowled.

"We would like passage to where all the spirits of the dead are kept," Scott got to the point, his tone made Cathedral flinch.

Legendaria glared at him, "And what, may I ask, will you do when you get there?"

"We want to-"

Cathedral cut him off, "We were told that it's really beautiful there and would like to take a look."

Legendaria's eyebrow shot up, "If that is all you came for, I suggest you turn back right now."

"How come?" Cathedral asked, her eyebrows knitting together in confusion.

"By travelling there, you risk the wrath of Marzanna, you'll be in big trouble if you go."

"But we have to get there! You have to help us!" Cathedral flinched the moment the words came out of her mouth.

"I do not have to do anything for you, girl," the goddess said simply, "You shouldn't even be in Lorrel, what gives you the right to command me?"

"Legendaria, we are here to see some of our friends who died unfortunate deaths, we want to tell them that we're sorry for not saving them," Cathedral said after a moment of silence.

Legendaria's eyes narrowed, "And why should I believe you? You risk getting yourselves killed in the process of getting there."

Scott flinched.

Cathedral sucked in a breath, "I understand the risks, but I must go."

Legendaria looked her over, "I know what you want, I want to refuse you, but seeing that you haven't exactly known failure, I will let you pass."

She paused for a moment, "Beware Marzanna, she won't be as nice as I am."

Cathedral thanked the goddess, "Thank you, Legendaria. May I ask, how do we reach this place where the spirits are kept?"

"Cross the Plain of Dreams, the river in the distance is called the River of Memories, the river gives, but it also takes, once you cross the river, you will be in the Grove of Spirits," Legendaria explained.

She paused, "Good luck."

Yet before she turned away, Cathedral thought she saw the goddess's lips turn up in a cruel smile.