Section 2: Morana

Backstory:

"You would betray your mother?" a soft, heartbroken voice asked.

Morana Karenina gritted her teeth, slowly pulling out a silver shuriken.

Pearl stood next to her sister, her fingers wrapped so tightly around the hilts of her golden daggers that they had turned white.

Luna Estrada just stared at them, utterly confused.

"You would go through all this trouble just to kill the only family you have left?" the voice asked again.

"So what if I do?" Morana challenged, fear making her voice shake.

There was a glow of emerald green inside the dark cavern as a woman stepped out.

She had angelic white wings and beautiful brown eyes, it was hard to believe that she was the biggest threat in all of Lorrel, from the realm of the Heavens all the way to the Spirit realm.

Morana bit her lip, "You've caused enough trouble already, haven't you," there was a pause before she added on last word.

"Mother."

Luna let out a gasp, "You're the daughter of Alcina?"

There was a moment of silence before Luna added, "You're the one who's bringing destruction to Lorrel?"

Morana winced, spinning the shuriken in her hand, "I would never!"

Alcina let out a hearty laugh as she walked towards Pearl, who had the Jewel of Shadows hidden within the folds of her robe.

She knows!

The thought flashed through Luna's head, making her leap forward, trying to stop the angel in her tracks.

But Morana was faster.

She lashed out with her silver daggers and within seconds, pinned Alcina to the wall using ten or more silver shurikens, her silver daggers dangerously close to her mother's neck.

"I said, you've caused enough trouble!" Morana hissed through gritted teeth.

"You can't destroy me though, I am the eternal shadow that falls over the land." Alcina said calmly, her lips curled up in a smile.

"You're wrong!" Morana muttered softly.

"What did you say?" Alcina asked.

"You're wrong." Morana repeated, louder this time.

Then, she repeated the two words again, even louder.

"You lie." Alcina replied calmly, though there was a flash of fear in her voice.

There was a moment of silence, before light exploded, blinding everyone in the cavern.

There was a soul piercing scream from Alcina.

There was a gasp from Pearl, who promptly dropped her daggers and began screaming her sister's name.

The Jewel of Shadows glowed with a blinding purple light which slowly turned emerald green and exploded.

When the light finally died down, Alcina was no longer there.

The angel of Darkness, the bane of Lorrel, the enemy of the gods.

She was gone.

Just like that.

Yet everything comes with a consequence.

Morana was knealing on the ground, sweat and blood ran in streams down her face, staining her black hair blood red like the color of her jewelery.

Her eyes were flickering from brown to emerald green as poison seaped from her fingertips.