Chapter 9: Turned

Cathedral turned around.

Luna Estrada stood there, her hand flung out, sweat beading her forhead; Morana stood next to her, hands on her hips.

"Daughter," Marzanna said simply, her anger replaced by surprise.

Then she saw Morana.

"Oh, it's you," Marzanna puckered her blood red lips in annoyance, yet a moment later, she smiled again, "Atleast your mother remembered that she owed me a dept."

Cathedral's eyebrows shot up as Morana dropped into a low yet elegant curtsie infront of the goddess.

Luna gave her mother a small nod before turning to Cathedral and Scott, who were still tangled in each other's arms.

"Sorry about what just happened, my mother isn't usually like this," Luna Estrada said apologetically.

She paused, looking the two of them over, "But I take it that you weren't actually hurt."

"Why did my brain turn against me?" Cathedral asked, her voice hoarse.

"Glamour," Luna replied simply, shrugging, "It's used to manipulate people into seeing, feeling, or even doing what we want."

"Why doesn't Morana have this power?" Cathedral asked.

Morana licked her wine red lips, "I do, I just... don't like using it."

"Children of Alcina have strong glamour, you see," Luna explained, "Alcina used to be known as the goddess of manipulation before she began to be called the Angel of Darkness."

"Then why didn't Morana use the power to break the connection instead of you?" Cathedral asked again.

Marzanna let out a low growl, "Are you four just going to stand here and waste even more of my time? Do you want to die?"

"Sorry, mother," Luna said quickly, turning on her heels and signalling everyone to follow her.

Once they were out of earshot, Morana whipped around, "Cathedral, didn't you ever pause to think that something was wrong?"

It was the sharpest tone Cathedral had ever heard Morana use, it made her flinche.

"I-I didn't-" Cathedral stammered, lowering her head like a scolded puppy dog.

"Mira, relax," Luna gave Morana a gentle shove, her tone full of warning, "Mother manipulated her,"

Morana shook her head, "I should have warned her that her bioelectrical energy was weak."

Cathedral stared at Morana, "You have a nickname?"

"You didn't know?" Morana asked plainly, yawning.

Cathedral shook her head, "I didn't, if you'de told me before I would have remembered."

She paused, "What's biological energy?"

"Bioelectrical energy," Morana corrected her.

"What ever!" Cathedral sighed.

Morana rolled her eyes, "All beings radiate this energy, yet some people have weak energy that are easy to control, others have stronger energy that is harder to manipulate."

"So, I have weak energy?" Cathedral asked.

Morana puckered her lips, then smiled cruely, making Cathedral shudder, "Very weak."

Luna Estrada, who had been silent, spoke, "What's going on between you and Scott?"

Cathedral's cheeks burned as she replied, "Nothing!"

"Nothing?" she asked, spinning one of her venomous daggers on her fingertips.

Cathedral went silent though her cheeks were still bright red.

Morana raised an eyebrow in a warning, her fingertips stopped spinning her dagger, the tip of an invisible string in her hands.

Cathedral gulped, looking down at the scar on her arm.

It had been created by Knife Wire when she and Morana had a fight at the end of the gameshow.

Knife Wire, so thin it was nearly invisible, yet sharp enough to cut through bone and steel.

Morana began spinning her dagger again as they continued walking, "So, what's going on?"

Cathedral opened her mouth to reply, but was cut off as she heard a sound like thunder rumbling in the distance.

"Can it rain here?" she asked stupidly.

"No," Morana replied plainly.

As they continued walking, the sound grew louder and louder, until Cathedral had to stuff her fingers into her ears to block it out.

Soon, a white curtain of water appeared in front of them.

Cathedral and Scott watched in awe as they looked at the monstrosity before them.

A waterfall the size of a skyscraper stood before them, reaching out of the Spirit Realm and into the sky.

The water gushed below, crashing against the riverbed of stone was so loud it could have easily been mistaken for a meteor crash.

"It's even cooler from Lorrel," Luna Estrada said with a shrug, though her voice was drowned out by the roaring waterfall.

"They're never going to move," Morana said with a shrug.

She walked behind Cathedral, and casually shoved her into the waterfall.

Cathedral let out a cry of hear as the water swallowed her.

Morana hoped that the Ocean wasn't hungery today, otherwise, Cathedral would never make it out alive.

Morana heard another scream as Scott was pushed into the waterfall.

Luna and Morana shared a glance, shrugging they leaped into the water, and out of Marzanna's Realm.