Chapter 12: Stung

Cathedral was there to make sure all three of them died a painful death.

Grian took aim and threw his atlatl at Cathedral, all the while saying something about revenge for Joel who's body was somewhere at the bottom of the Ocean.

Cathedral rolled her lavender eyes, dodging the throwing spear and letting loose her tridant which sliced open Grian's already injured cheek, making him cry out in pain.

In an act of anger, he whispered a word and slammed into the former guardian angel, blasting her away in a jet of sapphire blue water.

Grain scrambled to his feet and dove for his spear as Cathedral let out a soft curse and turned to attack Anahita.

Anahita slammed her right hand onto the armband on her left forearm and a large golden shield spiraled from it, just in time to block the blow.

But Cathedral propelled herself off the flat surface of the shield and twisted midair, launching her trident at Anahita.

Grian lunged in the direction of Anahita, throwing his hands in the air, summoning his powers as a citizen of Aquaris.

A singular beam of water pierced through the ground, slowing the tridant and trapping it in the current.

Meanwhile, Gem conjured a rope of magic and lashed out towards Cathedral, pulling her down by the leg.

Cathedral hit the ground in a roll, smoothly rising to her feet with a grunt of frustration.

She raised her hands for her trident.

The hilt shook, straining against the power of Grian's current, only to end up stuck in the water.

She screamed in frustration before diving for Martyn and Anahita, only to see that two other people was watching this show high up in a tree where she couldn't reach them.

Morana Karenina of Lorrel and Adrienne Castillo Flores of Mezalea.

That's when Cathedral realized why her tridant was stuck.

She knew that Grian's current would never be able to capture her tridant unless there was some power greater than hers reinforcing it.

In this case, it was the power of a mermaid and a siren, both under the protection of the Ocean Herself.

Grian threw his spear at her but it only swept over her head, its tip sinking into the rocky cliffside.

Cathedral smirked, her palms made contact with Anahita torso, a purple beam of light flew from her hand, enveloping Anahita's body and sending her flying through the air.

She then dove for Martyn, grabbing onto the handle of his machete and sending a wave of lavender light through it, loosening his grip and sending him tumbling onto the ground.

Martyn, in anger, lunged for Cathedral but Cathedral only twisted and launched a beam of light at him. It pierced his arm and pinned him to the mountain.

Martyn screamed and tried to pull out the light, but it was no use.

Think about it, how could the hands of a human grasp onto a beam of light?

Cathedral had taken down the three of them in seconds, even without her tridant.

She sprinted for her trident, but Grian, who had finally retrieved his spear, swung it at her hands.

Cathedral dodged, the glare she shot Grian sent shivers down his spine, and if looks could kill, he would have died right then and there.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a blonde haired boy land next to him.