Just One Day

Akira's POV

Dragging myself through the familiar halls of our shared home, I couldn't escape the relentless bass thumping from Jungkook's room.

It was like living next door to a nightclub that never closed. Summoning the last shreds of my patience, I pushed open his door.

There he was, sprawled on his bed, the epitome of "I don't give a damn." The room pulsed with the rhythm of his music, his charm as infuriating as the beats rattling the walls

Note to self: Invest in noise-canceling headphones, or a roommate who appreciates silence.

The room pulsated with the fading echoes of 'Unholy' as Jungkook finished the last note.

He looked incredibly handsome in that black shirt, and I could hardly contain my desire to leap into his arms. "Ah... Akira, snap out of it," I mumbled to myself.

Jungkook, seemingly oblivious to my inner turmoil, let out a contemplative hum. "Now, what shall I sing?" he pondered aloud, his eyes scanning the room for inspiration.

"How about you don't sing anything at all?" I interjected, my voice cutting through the melody lingering in the air as I stepped into the room.

"Noona!" Jungkook's face lit up, an infectious grin spreading across his features as he sat up straight, ready for banter.

I raised an eyebrow, unamused, arms crossed. "You know, 'Noona' isn't going to magically make me forget that I've been working all day and would appreciate some peace and quiet."

"But I thought my angelic voice was the remedy to all woes." He pouted, feigning innocence.

"More like the cause of them." I scoffed and he giggled.

"Hehehe... was I too loud?" Jungkook asked, rubbing the back of his head with an innocent expression. I couldn't help but roll my eyes before giving him a playful smack on the head.

"You're unbelievable! I've told you not to be so loud! A million times by now!!" I shook my head in disbelief, but he just pouted in response.

"But you weren't home." He defended himself with a mischievous twinkle in his eye. "It doesn't matter," I exclaimed and a fleeting thought crossed my mind.

'Ah... I wanna kiss him.'

"Anyway, come greet ARMY." Jungkook grabbed my hand, pulling me towards his phone, and I glanced at the screen.

"Hey, it's been a while," I greeted the virtual audience with a smirk. "Have you been well?" The replies flooded the comments section, creating a lively interaction.

"Missed you, Noona!" one comment read.

"Jungkook, why are you always so cute?" another follower chimed in.

"Well, you can have your boyfriend all to yourself, I'm busy..." I declared, heading towards the door.

"Oh, and Jungkook, I didn't see anything in the news, but I've told the boys and Si-hyuk Senpai about us. They were chill with it. Have you told your girls?" I gestured at his phone, eyebrows raised in inquiry.

Jungkook shook his head, a hint of guilt in his eyes. "It's been a week already, you probably should," I advised, and he nodded in agreement.

"I guess I should..."

With that, I stepped out, leaving Jungkook to his girlfriend. The door closed behind me, separating the world inside from the one awaiting me in the hallway.

I took my laptop and made my way to the living room, accompanied by a refreshing bottle of ginger ale. Sometimes a change in drinks was all you needed.