Done With Life

Akira's POV

As consciousness slowly returned, I found myself in a hospital bed, surrounded by concerned faces. My parents were the first to express their worry, and their scolding quickly followed. 

"Ayeon Akira, do you have any idea how scared we were?" my mother scolded, her eyes filled with a mix of relief and anger.

Jungkook's parents were there too, expressing their concern and gratitude that their son and I were safe.

Jungkook's hyung hovered nearby, offering a stern look paired with genuine relief. "You scared us half to death," he chided, but his eyes softened with concern.

The BTS boys, my trusted friends, gathered around, each expressing their own mix of worry and relief. 

RM, in his usual calm demeanor, spoke up, "You've got a knack for getting into trouble, don't you, Akira?" His words were accompanied by a smirk, trying to lighten the mood.

Cheol-Han, visibly exhausted and with a bandage on his arm, approached my bedside. "I need a break immediately," he admitted, with a deadpanned expression. 

"Haha, yeah sure get out!" I replied and he immediately yeeted away. The room buzzed with a mix of emotions, ranging from scolding to heartfelt relief.

As usual, Jungkook was the last to stay, and as the room cleared, we found ourselves in a moment of quiet intimacy. I opened my arms, and he nestled comfortably in them. 

We shared a comfortable silence for a while, basking in the warmth of each other's presence.

"I thought you died," he confessed, his eyes revealing the fear that had gripped him during those uncertain moments. 

"There's no way that's possible. I'm tougher than I look." I chuckled softly, running my fingers through his hair.

He looked up at me, his expression a mix of relief and adoration. Leaning down, I kissed his cheek, reassuring him further. "Did you get hurt? Any PTSD?" I asked, concerned and his cheerful smile returned.

"Nope, not at all! They weren't rough with me. It was like a survival game, like an adrenaline rush!" Jungkook's eyes sparkled with excitement as he recounted the experience. 

I couldn't help but shake my head, amused. "You really are something else, Jungkook.." I sighed, grateful that he came out of the ordeal unharmed and seemingly unbothered by the intensity of the situation.

As we continued our conversation, the door swung open, and Jungkook sat up, greeted by the familiar face of Taesang. "Yo, you still alive?" he quipped, a teasing grin on his face. 

Taesang handed me a tub of ice cream, and I accepted it with a stoic expression, though internally, I was cheerfully screaming at the sight of my favorite treat. 

He also placed a basket of fruits on the table.

"Take that away," I scowled, attempting to resist the allure of the ice cream, but Taesang just smiled at me with an evil glint in his eyes. 

"It's good for you." I sighed in defeat, accepting the basket of fruits anyway. 

As if that wasn't enough, he removed the dried-up flowers from the vase on the bedside table, replacing them with fresh ones.

"Taesang, what are you doing?" I raised an eyebrow, half annoyed and half amused. "Just making sure your recovery is as sweet as your victory," he replied with a mischievous wink

"When can I leave?" I inquired between bites of ice cream.

"In a week. The doctors said that we reached the hospital quickly, so they removed the bullet before it could go deeper," Taesang explained, and I nodded, processing the information.