Back To Life

Akira's POV

Life settled back into its usual routine, and the memories of my summer getaway gradually became part of the past.

I had resumed my responsibilities and commitments, with business matters consuming most of my time.

Despite the return to my daily life, there was one notable change. I had exchanged phone numbers with the boys, with Jungkook being the most consistent in reaching out.

Daily, like clockwork, his message would illuminate my phone, granting me a brief peek into his world.

*Ding*

"Madam! Pay attention!" Cheol-Han pressed, and I reluctantly stowed my phone

"Madam! Pay attention!" Cheol-Han pressed, and I reluctantly stowed my phone. "Sorry, where were we?!" I inquired, a visible twitch betraying his patience.

"Fucking sign the papers already!!" The urgency in his voice matched the impatience etched across his face, emphasizing the critical juncture of the moment.

One evening, as I was poring over documents in my office, my phone vibrated, signaling the arrival of another message from Jungkook.

I put aside my work for a moment to see what he had to say.

"Hey, Noona, how's your day going?" his message read. The casual yet friendly tone of his text always brought a smile to my face.

I quickly replied, "Busy as always, Jungkook. How about you?" As time went by, I noticed a subtle change in our dynamic.

Jungkook's messages became increasingly personal, as he confided in me about his hopes and dreams. It was clear that he was eager to share his journey with someone he trusted.

One evening, he sent a message that made me pause. The invitation took me by surprise, and With a smile, I replied.

  The invitation took me by surprise, and With a smile, I replied

I chuckled putting my phone down.
The room was dimly lit, shrouded in an air of secrecy.

It was my underground hideout, far removed from the corporate image I maintained during the day. In this hidden world, I was the mastermind, an enigma of the underworld.