A Party?!! A Fiance?!

Akira's POV

Another day began, and I was preparing for a Company party, to play my part as the CEO.  My father Kangjeon entered my bedroom, I was surprised that he even came to my house.

"Well, well well, what a delightful revelation. I certainly didn't anticipate the Mafia Lord to grace me with his presence as my date tonight," I scoffed, dripping with sarcasm.

"You don't have to be so dramatic. It's not me," he remarked, standing behind me and lending a hand to zip me up.

"Who?" I asked, scowling at him as he went and sat cross-legged on the bed

"Who?" I asked, scowling at him as he went and sat cross-legged on the bed. "It's someone you're well aware of," he replied, and it instantly dawned on me. "Taesang already has a boyfriend."

"It's just a political marriage, I'm sure you're fine with it," he suggested, hinting that I should attend the event with a specific someone he's fine with.

"Nope," I responded firmly. "I want to go alone." I shook my head in disagreement as I carefully adorned my earrings.

My father's reaction was less than pleased. He huffed in annoyance, clearly not content with my choice.

Kyungjeon stood sternly, insisting, "You can't go alone! It's a high-profile event, and you need to maintain appearances. Bringing someone is essential."

"I don't fucking care about your appearances. I'm not 12 you can't control me. This is my life, not some political spectacle. I want to go alone." I stood my ground, smiling at him fakely.

"You're being stubborn and selfish. This marriage is crucial for our family's standing, and you need to play your part." He pressed on, emphasizing familial responsibility.

With frustration building as my father insisted on his choice of date for the party, I quickly excused myself and headed toward the hallway.

I retrieved my phone from the living room table and dialed Jungkook's number, determined to get out of this awkward situation.

After a few rings, Jungkook answered promptly, his voice carrying the usual warmth. "Noona, what's up?"

"I'm heading to this party, and I'm having a clash with my date's father. Can you come over and, well, pretend to be my date for the night?"