Do You?

Akira's POV

Ever since that day the tension between me and Jeon Jungkook didn't simmer down, and the very next day, I was visited by my father. 

He started scolding me, and for the first time, I didn't retort because I knew it was my fault. "The project was worth 7 billion?!!" He exclaimed, exasperated, and slapped me. 

I moved away, the stinging sensation on my cheek a stark reminder of the consequences. Jungkook, who looked like he just finished his job, stepped into the house as my father finished his harsh words. 

My father glared at him, and Jungkook, visibly nervous, stood there. "I don't see how he's worth all the loss of our reputation," my father huffed, annoyed, and I slumped into my sofa. 

"Dad, it was I who messed up, not Jungkook. Don't drag him into this." Jungkook, feeling the weight of my father's disapproval

My father's stern expression softened slightly as he looked at me. "This is your last chance, Akira. Don't let your personal life ruin the business."

"I will not," I replied nodding and he left.

"Noona, are you alright?" Jungkook asked, concern etched on his face. I shook my head, frustration and sadness overwhelming me. 

"Nothing's going right in my life...." I gestured for Cheol-Han to hand me the documents, and he gave them to me before advising me to avoid any more mistakes and left.

"What happened...?" Jungkook dropped his bag and sat next to me. "This is all because of me, isn't it...?" He asked regretfully, gently rubbing my reddened, swollen cheeks.

"It's just my incompetence..." I shook my head, attempting to downplay the situation. 

"Don't lie!!" He exclaimed, his voice filled with both frustration and care. He realized he had raised his voice and mumbled a small "sorry,"

"If it is, will you give up on me?" I asked, amusement lacing my words, and Jungkook shook his head with conviction. "Never."

I leaned in to kiss him, seeking solace, but he moved back. "I... I'm not feeling good," he admitted, leaving me alone in the living room.

I took the glass of whiskey off the table and drank from it, the bitterness of the liquid mirroring the bitterness in my heart. 

"Everything seems to be slipping away...." I crushed the glass, the fragments reflecting the shattered pieces of my life.

The next day, as early as 6, the sound of a helicopter echoed in front of my house. I put on my gloves and jacket, took my phone, and stepped out into the cold morning air. 

"Noona...? Where are you going?" Jungkook, with his messy hair, stumbled into the front of the door, looking concerned. My initial stern expression softened as I gazed at him. 

"I need to go to Japan immediately for a job," I explained, my voice carrying the weight of urgency.

"That job?" He asked, subtly implying if it had something to do with the Mafia, and I nodded, confirming his suspicions. 

Taesang stepped out of the helicopter, pulling my jacket tighter, and smirked at Jungkook.

"Don't miss her too much, and don't wait up. We'll be late," Taesang said, the hint of mischief in his voice adding to the tension in the air. 

"Don't get hurt...." Jungkook's expression tightened, realizing the gravity of the situation. I turned to him, my gaze softening. "I'll be back as soon as I can. Take care of yourself, okay?"

Jungkook didn't say anything, but his expression spoke volumes. He looked at me, a mix of disbelief, hurt, and perhaps confusion. 

I hadn't even done anything yet, but it seemed like something had already shattered between us. "Go back to sleep," I sighed, trying to dismiss the tension.