CHAPTER THIRTY : A LONG NIGHT.

Groaning , Her steps grew sluggish , each movement became a laborious effort as though tiredness has transformed itself into leaden weights , resistant to every forward stride.

But she continued walking , because she had no choice anyways. Thank god she wasn't holding any bags , her and bushrah's body guards volunteered to help them with the bags. They have been walking for about two hours non-stop because after they had lunch at gusto , which was at the 40th floor of the mall , Ashmaan called them to the parking area on the ground floor so that they can leave and the worse thing was that the mall had a power cut , so they had to use the stairs , which was abso_freaking_lutely not okay .

" finally , we have reached the ground floor " Aamanee said after blowing a breath. Let's rest on the waiting area before leaving please , i am so knackered " she added while sitting on one of the coaches there.

" abeg stand up , you are so lazy wallahi " bushrah said , pulling Aamanee away from the chair. Aamanee groaned but continued plodding to the parking area.

Upon reaching the parking area, the girls saw Aariz and Ashmaan waiting for them outside Ashmaan's callidac .

Reaching the cars , they all got into the car as ashmaan revved the engine to life. And in about thirty minutes they arrived at the makhtoum's estate, main villa. Bushrah , Aamanee , Aariz and humairah ( who was sleeping over ) got out of the car , before Ashmaan drove ahead to his own villa.

Sudden silence took over the car after they dropped the others . Neither of them spike and the silence expanded with each oassing second. Tired of ignoring him for the past two days , roohina dexided to break the ice.

" when are we leaving ? " she asked , jolting him out of his reverie. Yesterday night , he told her that they were going to sanfransisco (USA) , where his new project will be lauched ,But he didn't tell her when.

" tomorrow night " he drawled .

Her mouth parted in shock " what ? We are leaving tommorow night ? "

" yeah " he replied , parking the car , his warm gaze casting a shadow on her eyeballs.

" Ashmaan " she sounded like she was struggling to calm down " why didn't you tell me before ? You know we are supposed to be there for two whole weeks plus we are also going for umrah after that and i haven't even started parking , i didn't even__"

" you don't have to pack , you can buy more clothes when we go there"

" then what's the use of today's shopping ? Was it not for..." she paused , taking a deep breath "...just forget it. " she said , opened the door and alighted the car without forgetting to slam the door behind her ofcourse.

" Any update yet ? " he asked Aadil through his airpods .

" no not yet " Aadil replied and he hanged up before alighting the car .

***

She couldn't sleep.

She'd collapsed into bed three hours ago , her body exhausted because of the shopping and clothes packing. But her mind was racing as if she injected it with a dozen shots of expresso.

She'd tried blinking a hundred times , reading a novel , scrolling through her phone but none of it worked.

The numbers on her clock flipped from 12:02 a.m to 12:03 a.m . Her stomach emitted an angry growl at the same time.

After subsisting on nothing but a bar of chocolate and a bottle of water all day , it was finally rebelling.

She groaned.

It was technically too late to eat, but.....duh , she couldn't sleep anyways.

After a moment of procrastination, she tossed the covers off and tiptoed out of her room and plodded down the hall to the kitchennet.