CHAPTER TWENTY TWO : CHEF ROOHI

Roohina's eyes bolted open along with a wail , she was drenched in sweats and her heart was palpilating against her ribcage as though it will break out of the ribcage at anytime.

She let out a deep breath , thanking Allah that it was all a dream . Suddenly, Ashmaan ruptured the door open , with a worried expression visible on his face. He was on a zoom meeting when he heard her wail , so , he came as soon as he can.

" what happened? Are you okay ? " he asked , concerned.

Roohina was about to answer normally when she remmembered her dream , he had killed her , what if he does it for real now , what if he is just acting as if he cares ?

" are you okay ? " he inquired again , bringing her out of her trance.  She looked at him straight in the eye for what seems like forever , before saying.

" just do what you came to do and get over it ."

" what ? I heard your squeal , that's why I came to know what happened"

" STOP Acting as if you care and just show your true colours , you're here to kill me right ? Then do it already and let me rest in peace . "

" what are you talking about ? "

" just leave me alone " she said while holding her terribly aching head. Ashmaan obeyed what she said and angrily went out of the room.

He hurriedly dialed a number and the person picked up after a ring.

" we need to talk " he said , trying to cool himself down.

" ok then , let's meet at our usual place now  " the person said and hanged up even before Ashmaan could reply ,  and that action infuriated him more.

He sauntered out of the villa and  got into the car that was park at the asphalt drive-thru ,  and in about 3 minutes , he reached his destination,  which was inside the makhtoum Estate.

He walked into the place in fast strides , he descended the almost endless spiral staircase before reaching the final place. It was like a mini restaurant that was just for his use , personal things  or business related  things.

He sat on a table nearby and waited for the person for almost a minute , before he heard the sound of the woman's heels.

The woman walked in , Adorned in a simple black abaya and a white mini hijab . She hurriedly walked to the table  Ashmaan was and sat down on the chair opposite him while keeping her Aldo bag on the table.

" you're one minute , thirty nine seconds and two nano seconds late and also____" he started but was  instantly  cut off by her.

" ok , ok , I am sorry for being late and also sorry for hanging up on you earlier . Now let's get back to business  and please let's be snappy , I have to go to work in about an hour "

" says the person who arrived late "

" I don't drive as roughly as you , I drive carefully,  slowly and steadily "

" I'll take that as a compliment , thank you" he said with a smug look on his face.

" duh. But anyways , you're welcome "

" so , I'm gonna go straight to the point,  uhmm....how should I put this   ? What you said the other day , you know ,  turned out to be correct , I should have listened to you and.......
I hope you're getting it ? " he asked quite hesitantly.

"  No worries , I get . So to cut long story short , you meant to say I was right and you were wrong and you want my help to fix everything, am I right or not wrong ? " she asked with an annoying smirk on her face.