CHAPTER EIGHT : LAST MOMENT

" where are you coming from ? "

She heard a voice asked her immediately after she entered the house.
Looking up , she saw him sitting on a three-sitter couch while drinking coffee.

Sighing,  she faked a smile and squatted near him .

" good evening paapa "

" evening dear  , so where are you coming from " he repeated his question.
While raising a brow.

"  i just went to the hospital "

" for ? Because last time i checked today is sunday "

" it was an emergency " she lied while looking at every place but him.

" dear , you know that i know you more than how you know yourself so just tell me the truth "

After Sighing for the nth time today she decided to tell him the truth while sitting down next to him.

" ok , i visited a brain therapist " she deadpanned while fiddling with her fingers.

" subhanAllahi what happened,  are you ok ? "

" nothing it was just that..i wanted to remmember how my past life was and who did all those things to me "

" why ? "

" i don't know , its just that i bumped into some people recently and i felt something familiar , i can swear that i know them but i don't know where"

" so what did the doctor said.? "

" she gave me some pills and told me not to fret over it , it will gradually come back ."

" ok , henceforth tell me what you are going through , feel free to share it with me ok ? "

" ok."

" rubina has gotten married now its now your turn , right ? " paapa asked randomly.

" humph....not anytime soon , yh i know you'll say 'you have a job and everything
Then what's delaying you blah blah blah ' right ?" she asked after  squirming her face.  Marriage is the last thing on her list . Its not even on her list seff.

" yes you are correct. Roohi , i want you to promise me something,  that whenever am dead , you'll get married and take care of your husband and his family. And also take care of rumana for me. And one last thing  let go of your past , move on and start afresh , vengeance is not gonna take you anywhere."

" papa please  stop talking about death , insha'Allah you are going to witness your great-grand-children and more. "

" just promise me nah."

" ok , i promise , khush ? ( happy ? ) "

" bahout ( very ) "

" i love you soo much paapa " she said and hugged him while smiling.  She never forgets to pray for him after every prayer , for allah to grant him all his wishes .

" l love you too my roohi."

" and i love you both three " rumana suddenly appeared out of nowhere and joined the hug , making them all chuckle.

" kutt!! Family moment without me ? "
Rubina bursted the door open while running to join the hug but ended up falling on top of Roohina.

" ouch , stand up you big elephant " Roohina said while smacking rubina .

" if I'm an elephant then that makes you a hippo "

" pig "

" donkey "