CHAPTER TWENTY NINE : CHANGE OF HEART.

" assalamu alaikum " ashmaan salaamed as he entered ummie's bedroom looking so happy and thrilled.
But his smile dropped immediately he saw ummie's face.

" waalaykassalam " ummie and Roohina said in unison. Roohina was feeding ummie after a lot of efforts before ashmaan entered.

" what happened to you ummie ? Aariz told me that you were not eating ? " ashmaan asked but the only answer he got was silence.

" ummie are you perhaps sad that Rashid is dead ? If yes , don't be , that man does not deserve your tears , you should not starve yourself for him , you should be celebrating right now , because it is a happy occasion " ashmaan said but again the only reply he got was silence.

" and also , I will to find out about the person that killed him , I will personally thank that person a lot for ___"

Slap !

Ashmaan's face snapped to the side when ummie's hand made contact with his cheeks.

" get out " ummie's low tone ordered.

Ashmaan gave ummie one more glance before traisped out of the room .

" what happened to you ? " Aliya, who met him on her way to ummie's room asked .

" I suggest you should ask ummie , I don't know what's up with her " he said in confusion, before walking away.

" sa'ada , what happened to your beloved son , don't tell me that he is also feeling sad because of___" Aliya started as she entered ummie's room but halted when she saw ummie's tear stained face.

" roohina what happened ? " Aliya decided to ask roohina .

" she had a little fight with ashmaan , he............" roohina explained in details.

" is that why you're angry ? I thought you are used to ashmaan's bluntness by now " Aliya stated while sitting down on the ottoman.

" he is not just blunt liya , he doesn't even care about what others feel , he is just stone-hearted , especially today , I knew he would be happy about his father's death , but does he have to show it ? At least he should try to look as if he is sad and if he can't, he should not show any emotions , besides he is the best at doing that " ummie fulminated angrily.

" he is not stone-hearted saadah , maybe he thought you would also be happy , because if he knew you would be angry , he would never say that . " Aliya said .

" yes ummie , she's right , ashmaan is not stone-hearted especially when it comes to you or his sisters " roohina added.

" or when it comes to you " Aliya said to roohina , making her to snicker but immediately turned it to a chuckle.

" let me take this to the kitchen " roohina said and picked the plate ummie ate with and trudged out of the room.

She walked down the stairs meeting a lot of people in the living room , she exchanged greetings with some of them before continuing her journey to the kitchen.

She dropped the plate on the counter top and walked foward to the sink to rinse her hands , when suddenly she heard footsteps behind her , she twirled around to see the person .

Her heart slowed a fraction of beat . Tiny crackles of electricity hummed to life beneath the weight of his gaze and It took her every ounce of willpower not to step back and shake off the strange sensation. It took a moment before she finally broke the gaze .

She cleaned her wet hands with a dry towel before sidestepping him .

" wait " the deep rich voice brushed her skin like black velvet and stopped her in her tracks .