CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE : NOSTALGIA

" you are awake " ashmaan stated as he walked towards her .

" you sounded disappointed " she muttered , while dropping her phone on the side table.

" oh really ? " he asked , raising a brow .

" yeah"

Ashmaan didn't talk again ,he realized that he will wasted a lot of time by arguing with her , because you can never win an argument with a woman like roohina , so , he decided not to dwell on the matter anymore and changed the topic instead.

" why did you save me ? " ashmaan asked , as he sat on a couch near the bed.

" when did I save you ? " she asked in confusion .

" the bullet attack , it was meant for me , why did you come in between. "

" ohhh , that ! I didn't intend to take a bullet for you whatsoever , so stop building castles on the air. I only wanted to move you out of the place . " she said and took back her phone from the side table to continue what she was doing before he came.

Ashmaan remained silent for a while , before saying. " listen , although it's no intentional , don't ever repeat it , I don't want anyone to risk his or her life for my sake ." ashmaan said , making roohina wonder what kind of a man he was. Instead of appreciating her for saving is life , he is warning her not to repeat it again !!!

Eccentricity at its peak !

" are you done ? " she asked rhetorically . " no ? if you are done please leave , I need some rest ." se continued , then rolled her eyes in annoyance.

" how___" he started , but is ringtone cut him off . frustratingly ,he picked up the call without bothering to check the caller's ID.

" what ? "he snapped , his voice filled with rage.

" calm your horses man , I have some information about the attacker ." Aadil , ashmaan's private investigator said.

" where are you now ? "

" at home "

" okay , let's meet at.....cilantro since its close to where we both are . " ashmaan said and hanged up without bothering to wait for Aadil to reply.

Glancing at roohina one last time , he moseyed out of the room while slamming the door on his way out.

*****

with a black facemask covering half of his face , Ashmaan alighted the car and sauntered into he cilantro's VIP section in graceful but fast strides.ashmaaan sat down on a table and ordered a bottle of water .      While waiting for Aadil __as usual__ , ashmaan glanced around the restaurant's VIP section. There were only few people , some were having a business meeing , while some were on a date. 

A moment later , the door of the VIP section opened and in came a young woman , who looked to be in her mid twenties . she was short , fair skinned as well as beautiful. She sat on a table close to ashmaan's while looking at the door with an angry look on her face, and soon , the opened again , a good looking six feet tall man came in , he searched around the restaurant looking for someone , when his eyes stopped at the woman who came in 30 seconds before him. He quickly sprinted to her table , making her to lay her head on the table. Sighing , he lifted her head from the table , making her to look at his .

" I'm sorry " he said , looking nothing but remorseful.

" you're lying you.....liar "

" I swear I am not lying "

" promise to never do it again " the woman said.

" I promise , now let's quickly go to the airport before we miss our flight"