Jiwoong x Matthew

Fourth one of the promised 5!

Plot cred: _nephyne (After a tragic accident that cost Matthew his life, he was given a few days to stay in the human world as a ghost in order to carry on a mission- that is to help his lover he had left alone to cope with the terrible loss)

*If I were to give it a title, it would have been 'Twilight'*

-

Death, in my fictional world, is not the end. It does not end the sufferings of the deceased, does not put a full stop to the interaction with living people, does not take one suddenly to heaven or hell. Death, in this very world, either comes with an offer or a curse. For Matthew who had spent his entire life doing good deeds, there was a last offer before he's escorted to heaven by an angel. And that offer came from the depth of his mind where he carefully nurtured the strong wish- everyone he loved to be happy.

Cause the one he loved so much, his boyfriend, Kim Jiwoong who'd been left alone in the living world, was nowhere near happy. In fact, the sudden loss of his sunshine lover hurt him so much that he was about to go paranoid, or just numb from the pain.

Matthew- or the spirit of him did not understand any of it- as he stood in front of his own dead body in a pool of blood, next to their beloved car that had been crushed to destruction. He blinked, once, twice, but his limp, unmoving body was very much still there.

"Matthew!" He heard a groaning voice right next to him- his body that is. It was Jiwoong, heavily injured, still shaking the younger's body like his life depended on it.

"Hyung!" He shouted, Jiwoong didn't listen. He rather wailed, calling his boyfriend's name again and again but Matthew's body did not move. Even when he, the spirit went and touched his man, his hand slipped through, Jiwoong didn't feel a thing. It felt, as if the weight of the whole sky fell on him when he realized, he had died.

And Jiwoong was there, desperately screaming for help to save his little man.

The whole day, Matthew stayed next to his body. He watched everything first hand. He was fortunate enough not to have any close one die during his lifetime, so he didn't know how the whole procedure goes. Ironically, he had to see himself, his own body going through it. It was honestly not as bad as you may think, but the whole time, Matthew regretted dying because Jiwoong was so broken.

He wanted to help. Wanted to say that it didn't hurt at all. Wanted to say that even though that night Jiwoong was the one driving, it wasn't his fault that a reckless truck crashed right upon them, killing him who received most of the hit. Wanted to tell his man that he was there- right there- touching his man, talking to his man, but Jiwoong didn't get him at all.

Matthew sat down on the floor. What a good thing that non living objects didn't pass through him! Or else, he wouldn't even be able to sit down. He sighed. Why was he there though? Seeing everyone suffer, seeing Jiwoong suffer! Shouldn't he be leaving for afterlife or-

"Psst!" He heard something. "Hey, fellow ghost buddy, look at me!"

Matthew snapped his head back, he saw a person, looking very real, looking at him. Confused, he pointed at himself once, "Me?"

"Who else had died, huh?" The man chuckled, "You must be confused, right?"

"Um.."

"Kim Taerae." The man who now sat next to him, said, "Died about 10 days ago, terminal cancer."

"Oh, uh... That's- unfortunate?" Matthew spoke. He heard a pfft of chuckle from the other, "Meh, not really. Didn't have much hope, everyone knew I would die." He sighed, "Mum still cries though. I run away whenever that happens."

Zerobaseone (ZB1) BxB OneshotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara