피의 노예 (pt. 2 // Blood Slave)

Matthew discovered himself in a very basic, white walled room, cannula attached to the back of his palm, through which, droplets of saline water were entering his system. He felt very sore, almost all over his body, especially a part of his neck which he touched to realize the presence of a swollen teeth mark there. Suddenly, he remembered it all- a late evening with a deceptive vampire. Matthew had been bitten, yet somehow, he was alive.

He scanned the room. The saline solution might make you think it's an ordinary hospital room, but the structure and the colour of the sheets made it look like he was in a hotel room. And yes, he was nicely clothed, but those were bigger cause those didn't belong to him.

As he kept wondering, he heard some footsteps, much more organised and lazy this time, yet somehow, he could tell whom that belonged to. And he felt a mix of rage and fear all over him.

The man came into view soon, looking decent and even attractive, although Matthew didn't see him in that light. Jiwoong was wearing a white tee and a pair of white shorts- very casual and human-like. Well, Matthew knew they were very much like humans. Still, it chilled him to think that the man's hostility nearly killed him.

"Took you a while to wake up, huh?" Jiwoong sat next to Matthew on the bed, "How do you feel?"

Matthew glared at him, without feeling the need to answer at all. It didn't seem to bother the one next to him who casually checked his temperature even though he flinched at the touch.

"Hm, no fever. That's good." Jiwoong said. Matthew's eyes had so much going on, he had so many questions to ask, but he couldn't. There were hundreds of possibilities why he was kept alive and treated even, but not one seemed like a good reason- and honestly, Matthew was scared. Jiwoong wasn't only strong looking, he was a goddamn vampire, meant to kill to survive, so the small Canadian guy wouldn't stand a chance- he knew it. However, Jiwoong felt like saying it all, so he went on, one by one, "Okay, you're in a hotel room for maybe two days now? You had been in a bad condition on day one, so I called a nurse and I guess, you're okay now."

Matthew still didn't say anything, just stared with eyes full of resentment and fear. It was kinda annoying, so Jiwoong said, in a casual tone, "You should thank me for not leaving you there at least."

"So why didn't you?" Matthew spoke first, the words flew past his chapped lips all forced and dry, "What purpose do I serve?"

Jiwoong chuckled, "Why are you getting so serious, damn! Can I not feel bad for my victims?"

"Do you?" Matthew said, gritting his teeth.

"Hey, don't cross the limit, okay?" Jiwoong looked dark all of a sudden, "Don't forget that you're still in my territory. I can kill you anytime."

The threat worked, as Matthew lightly jolted in fear of dear life. Jiwoong sat back, watching the burning yet desperate eyes of his prey. The hint of hatred underneath challenged Jiwoong. He wanted to crush Matthew's pride, wanted the latter to crawl back to him, to beg him, to be thankful for what he did. So he leaned forward and touched Matthew's chin.

"You're quite interesting... It makes me wanna keep you here forever..."

"Huh??" Matthew immediately shivered, the reality of his situation hit him, "N-no, please! I... I promise I won't tell anybody about... About you, or... Or why I disappeared just please, let me go!"

Jiwoong laughed. A bone chilling one. "They all say that, don't you think?"

"I'm being real, I-"

"Relax, I'm not stupid. Why do you think I brought you here? What are you gonna tell those vampire hunters? You practically know nothing about me!" Jiwoong smirked, "Besides, I'm very good at pretending."