세레나데 (Serenade)

✨Kim Taerae x Ricky

✨Ricky has a crush on the boy next door (Inspired from the song 'Serenade' by Boynextdoor)

✨Fluff (You can say to make up for the last chapter)

When Ricky saw his crush laughing happily on the street with someone else, seemingly crushing on the same man, he knew his friends were right. He should man up and confess before it's too late. But he was, well- scared.

Kim Taerae, the man in question, the man of Ricky's dreams- was a 5'8.5" tall man, with honey like voice and a crazy pretty dimple on his left cheek. He was kind, graceful, always greeted Ricky with a smile whenever they met. He loved playing guitar, so Ricky sometimes kept his window open to listen to the faint melody coming from the one across from his, since he lived next door to his crush. Falling for him was natural, since Taerae is a very pretty yet undoubtedly sexy man. Ricky himself was an epitome of cool and chic, but he wasn't confident at all. He made lots of attempts to make himself visible before his crush, like walking in a cool way whenever his crush was nearby, posing even though there was no camera, looking out of his window anytime he spotted Taerae on the streets. He was obvious, probably to everyone but Taerae. He even woke up early to make himself presentable but sadly, Taerae never said or did anything to make him feel more confident.

And then came that stupid friend of his crush, who took Taerae's hand every now and then.

Ricky watched from his window, throwing laser at the one in front of his crush. He knew that person was a close friend of Taerae, but what if he liked the pretty guy? And what if Taerae liked him back!? Ricky couldn't rest, he needed to do something, fast!

So gaining all the courage he had, consulting his friends again and again, he found himself in front of the Kim residence door the next afternoon, holding a small bouquet of a few red tulips. He took out the most confident smile he could offer and waited after ringing the bell. His heart beat fast, in anticipation and fear of course. He couldn't help thinking about the possibility of being rejected. However, he didn't expect to meet Taerae's buff elder brother on the doorway either.

Kim Jiwoong, known to be a heartless, strict man whose gaze alone can send you to Mars greeted poor Ricky on the door, and immediately frowned upon seeing the bouquet. Ricky tried holding the smile, but it got crooked as he was super nervous, making him look more awkward.

"What is it?" Jiwoong asked, even the tone of his voice was blood cooling.

"I... Taerae hyung..." Ricky mumbled, and like a small crescent moon in the night sky, he saw the face of his crush behind the buff man, looking at him in confusion.

"Yes?" Jiwoong asked again. Ricky was, by that time, barely standing. He felt weak in his knees, his voice betrayed him, his head was completely blank. On one hand, he was intimidated by Jiwoong's cold aura, and then there was his crush, looking at the tulips with an unreadable face. He was done for.

"Uh... Nothing!" Ricky quickly said, bowing his head and stepping back. The two brothers looked at each other in bemusement, then at the fallen shoulder of the handsome young boy with a bouquet of tulips.

"Was that for you?" Jiwoong asked his brother who only shrugged in reply.

-

Ricky whined in complaint for the millionth time to his best friend through the phone. By that time, whoever was on the other end probably knew how many times Taerae blinked even. It was hopeless and horrible. Ricky sat next to his window, looking at the navy blue night sky. There was no moon- just the way he had no future with his crush.

"I'm such a loser! Why couldn't I say anything!?" Ricky sighed. His friend was saying something but he heard a small whisper instead, from somewhere very close.