난 운명조차 change (pt. 2 // Even Change My Fate)

(⚠️Mention of violence and blood⚠️)

Gyuvin took a turn at the last moment. He shouldn’t get caught that early, he had to make time for Yujin to successfully escape, unnoticed. He ran to and fro, showing himself to the chasers, but disappearing soon in a blink. He knew, they wouldn’t kill him. In the criminal world, if you try to kidnap someone extremely influential like the lady he encountered, they won’t let you just die. They’ll capture you, torture you to extract out the information like- who you’re working for, what your motive is or simply, the whereabouts of your boss.

Gyuvin had the knowledge and confidence that he wouldn’t get killed with a gunshot at that place. But he could still get shot, somewhere in his body not fatal enough to kill him. He kinda accepted his fate, but prayed for time. And he knew it was up to him to provide Yujin with a reasonable amount of time. So, keeping everything on the line, he ran.

He escaped the first gunshot aimed at him. Then the second, then another. The firing was random and came from more than a single direction. Gyuvin slowly realized that his time to get caught had come. But he confirmed that once he was surrounded by three of his chasers.

Someone walked to him and hit him in the head with the butt of his weapon. “Son of a bitch made us all run!”

Gyuvin stayed silent even though he was trembling from pain.

“Where’s the other one?” Another one spoke, “There were two of them.”

The man who hit Gyuvin before harshly grabbed him by his face, putting extra pressure on the side of his cheeks, making him wince in pain.

“Where is he?” he demanded. Gyuvin didn’t respond.

“Motherfucker!” He punched Gyuvin straight on the nose, making blood running out of there almost immediately. Gyuvin saw stars, for a moment his nose felt numb, replaced with tremendous pain soon after. He felt like the bone on his nose was already cracked into two. Yet, he chose not to speak. Watching him staying silent still, the man kicked him with the front of his knees on the abdomen. Gyuvin crouched forward from the impact. Involuntary tears already filled his eyes. But before he could even stand up, the man jumped up and used his elbow and gravity to fall on the exposed neck of Gyuvin.

Gyuvin fell down and as strong as he wanted to stay, he held his neck in pain. Tears rolled down his cheeks, but only from pain. He was silent. Didn’t even make a single sound.

He would’ve got beaten even more, but the man in front of him received a call and then decided to take him to their basement. He gestured to two of his pawns to grab and drag Gyuvin along with them. Then they took him in their car and drove him to what looked like a huge garage, their apparent basement.

Gyuvin was taken to one of the innermost rooms that reeked of alcohol, cigarettes and to some extent pee. The room was a dirty one and Gyuvin saw roaches and rats all over. He felt like throwing up. But he had no choice. He was gonna get tortured and probably killed, complaining seemed like an unattainable luxury in that situation.

He was tied fast to a chair Inside the room. The man who hit him made a few more calls and with what he said, Gyuvin understood that they would take some time before asking him anything. Maybe someone more powerful was coming.

Gyuvin saw how they set up one of their men to guard him. The guard wore dirty clothes and was obviously an alcohol addict. His lips were black from smoking hard and his hair and beard looked like they weren’t combed for like ages. Gyuvin hated such men.

The man glared at him who was observing him thoroughly. When their eyes met, Gyuvin looked away. ‘You shouldn’t meddle with them and make them mad.’ He thought. He tried to stay calm and plan something.