CHAPTER 43 (Ending)

Astreus Lynx Perveus’s POV

Ngayon ang araw kung saan pupunta ako kung saan kami lagi nagkikita ni Alistair noong mga bata pa kami.

Since wala s’yang alam na bumalik na lahat ng ala-ala ko ay gusto kong makita ang reaksyon n’ya.

I looked at the time on my watch and smiled because it was almost time for him to be off work, I better go now.

I took the key and said goodbye to Carla and my two siblings, I headed to the car and and went inside.

I took a deep breath before starting to drive the car.

Pupunta ako ngayon sa isang sementeryo, pero hindi mga bangkay ang pinunta ko roon.

Ang totoo kasi ay yun ang spot naming dalawa, nakakatawa lang isipin na sa dinami-daming lugar ay bakit sa sementeryo pa.

Pero ang totoo ay ako ang pumili ng lugar na iyon dahil sobrang tahimik at payapa, tumatambay kami noon sa ilalim ng malaking puno na medyo parang bundok kaya kitang kita ang mga grave.

Weird right? Naalala ko na doon ako tumatambay habang nagbabasa ng libro, I even slept there.

Just a few minutes ago I got there right away, it’s still the same as i remembered because the place is peaceful and the grass is still beautiful.

I got out of the car and walked towards the big tree that I had seen before, the tree was still growing and it didn’t seem to die.

This place is what you called paradise even though there’s a lot of corpses in here haha.

Naramdaman ko ang pag vibrate ng cellphone ko hudyat na may nag text kaya dinukot ko iyon sa bulsa ko, it’s Alistair.

“I’m off, where are you?” He texted, I typed the place and stared at it for a few seconds before I sent it.

It didn’t take long for him to reply immediately and I laughed because even though I couldn’t see it, I knew he was surprised.

Hindi ko na s’ya nireplyan dahil alam kong humaharurot na ito patungo sa lugar na ito, medyo malayo pero hindi naman aabutin ng isang oras.

Nabaling naman ang tingin ko sa napaka laking puno at may napansin akong nakaukit dito.

Bahagya pa akong nagulat pero agad ding napangiti dahil ito pala yung sa ala-ala ko na sinulat namin ang pangalan naming dalawa.

It’s Astreus ♡ Alistair, pfft this is so cute.

But even though i’m happy to remember my past, I still want to forget all that so that he doesn’t blame himself anymore.

“Lynx!” Hindi ako tumigil sa paghaplos ng pangalang nakaukit sa puno kahit pa narinig ko ang boses n’ya.

That was faster than I thought.

“H-how did you know this place? Have you regained all your memories?” He asked while still panting.

Lumingon ako sa kan’ya at nginitian s’ya nang matamis bago ako naghanap ng bato at pinulot ito.

“I did, sorry if I didn’t tell you sooner..” I said and turn around to face the tree again.

“I wanted to surprise you” I added and write my name and his name below our engraved names before.

But it’s not Astreus and Alistair anymore, it's Lynx and Darius.

“You should’ve told me! What are you doing?” He asked and stood by my side.

After I wrote our name I threw the stone and faced him.

“Why Lynx and Darius? It should be Astreus and Alistair” He said but I gave him a smile.

“No, when we were separated before our names are Astreus and Alistair, but when we met again our names were Lynx and Darius” I said smiling and I could see the confusion in his eyes.

“What is your point?” He asked.

“The past is different from the present” I answered simply, but he’s still confused that made me laugh.

“I know that, b-but.. can you just straight to the point?! Oh my goodness” He said with a hint of irritation that I laughed even more.

“What i’m saying is.. let’s let go of the past and focus on the present” I uttered.

“W-what? Aren’t you happy that you remember everything? I can’t forget the happy memories of our past” He said as if he was panicking so I laughed at his reaction.

“Hindi ko naman sinabing kalimutan mo, ang ibig kong sabihin ay bitawan mo na lahat ng nakaraan na nagdadala sa’yo sa bangungot” Sagot ko na kinatahimik n’ya, hindi n’ya alam na gising ako tuwing nagigising s’ya dahil sa masamang panaginip.

“Darius, I don’t blame you for everything that happened to me.. if you feel guilty because you left me at least you looked for me, you wait for me and did not find someone else who will fulfill your emptiness” I said softly while looking straight into his eyes.

“B-but.. it’s my fault—” I cut him off.

“It is not your fault, i’m not mad at you actually I am very thankful because if you were the one who got hit, I will never forgive myself for the rest of my life” I said and hold his hand tightly.

“But if that didn’t happen, maybe we wouldn’t have been separated” He said that made me smile but he was sad and had tears in his eyes.

“Right, but they say if you were separated before and you were meant for each other, it is not unlikely that you will meet again in the future” Tears fell from his eyes and he immediately wiped them away.

“The present will aslo become a past, but until you forgive yourself we cannot prepare for the future” I said softly while rubbing his cheek.

“So forgive yourself already and let's build happy memories again, forget the past and let's go back to the beginning okay?” He suddenly hug me tightly while crying, I didn’t mean to make him burst into tears but it will also make him feel better.

While rubbing his back I saw two children not far away holding hands, smiling at me and waving while they gradually disappear. It was Astreus and Alistair.

I will not let him stuck in the past, because the past will remain the past.

And the present will be a bridge to the future.

—THE END—