CHAPTER 37

Darius Alistair Véres’s POV

“Where’s that two?” I asked sargent Pio, we went to the place where Lynx’s ‘parents’ were imprisoned.

I’ve seen all the information about Lynx’s life, I was confused at first because the grandmother he’s been taking care of was his real grandmother but why didn’t she say anything that they weren’t his parents.

As it turns out they knew that the plan of Lynx’s fake parents is his family’s wealth that will be bequeathed to Lynx.

“Yung babae nasa kabilang selda, yung lalaki nandito.. gusto mo bang makausap pareho?” I nodded at sergeant Pio while holding the papers.

“How about that kid Giovanni?” I asked him while sitting into the swivel chair, I did not own this i’m just sitting.

“According to my men the boy is moving from country to country and is currently in the USA, I didn’t tell them to follow him anymore but the lieutenant informed the police that when he lands in the Philippines again he will be arrested immediately” He said that made me nod, the door opened and Sargent Pio nodded to me as I stood and walk towards the door.

“Extend your patience damon” He reminded and patted my shoulder, we started walking towards the interrogation room.

When I saw the two sitting, I already imagined that they’re hurting Lynx, just the thought of that making me want to crush their heads.

“Wala pa nga nag iinit na agad ulo mo” Said the person next to me, there are two policemen on the other side of the room and there is one here at the door.

We both entered and I winced because they look like sh*t.

Giovanni and I sat down and I stared at them both, they couldn’t look directly at me and I also noticed that they had bruises on their bodies it looks like these two have become toys inside their cell.

Just they wait, I will make it more worse.

“I just have four questions, answer them honestly if you don’t want your life to be living hell inside this prison” I said calmly yet coldly.

“Be careful with your answer because even if one of you lies, you will both suffer” I threatened and nodded at Giovanni to start his questions.

“Okay first question, ano ang totoong pakay nyo kay Lynx at bakit n’yo s’ya binili?” Seryosong tanong n’ya, nanahimik sila saglit at nag palitan ng tingin na tila nag tatanong kung sino ang sasagot

I’m running out of patience, I don’t want to stay here for long because I left lynx at home alone— he’s sleeping and I know he’s tired after a long day so he will probably sleep for too long that’s why I take this opportunity to know everything.

“The f*ck? That’s just the first question, how long will it take you to answer that?” I hissed, they both sweat and they both adjusted their seats.

“Uhh.. ako na ang sasagot.. ang totoo talaga ay hindi namin sya binili at hindi rin kami nag bayad, kami ang binayaran para patayin ang batang yun” Both of us frowned because that’s not the first information we got, so they lied.

“Binayaran kami ng malaking halaga pero bago pa man namin s’ya tapusin sa hospital ay narinig namin na sagana sa pera ang pamilya n’ya at sa kan’ya raw ipapamana ang mga kayamanan kaya napagisipan namin na hihintayin namin na makuha n’ya ang pera bago namin tapusin ang buhay n’ya” I ran out of patience and quickly grabbeb his collar.

”What the f*ck did you say?!” I hissed while glaring at him angrily.

“Ano ba Damon! Binalaan kana ni Pio na habaan ang pasensya mo! Relax ka lang unang tanong pa lang yun” Panenermon ni Giovanni kaya inis akong bumalik sa upuan ko at pinag cross ang braso.

“Sunod na tanong, yung dalawang bata saan n’yo naman sila dinukot?” He asked again.

“Hindi na namin maalala pero mayaman din ang pamilya ng dalawang batang yun, naisipan namin na sabay silang tatlo na papatayin kapag nakuha na namin ang gusto namin” The woman said so I clench my fist to calm myself.

D*mn it, I really shouldn’t have left him at the hospital back then— arghh this is all their fault i’m blocking their number!! (`⁠Д⁠´⁠)

I immediately open my phone and block all of my family’s number.

“Okay next question, who is the person who paid you?” I glance at them because this is the question i’ve been waiting.

“Ang sabi n’ya ay kapatid sya ni Lynx, hindi s’ya nag sabi ng ibang impormasyon sa’min pero may sinabi s’ya na kapag meron kamong kailangan ay pumunta kami sa hilaga doon sa MGSD” I was surprised by what he said and Giovanni and I looked at each other because we knew what that meant.

“Did he give you a secret word? Like a password para makapasok sa loob?” Tanong ni Giovanni.

“Oo, ang sabi n’ya sabihin daw namin ay DSGMMGSD baliktaran lang ng pangalan” Nag tanguan kami at tumayo pero napatigil ako dahil may isa pa pala akong tanong.

“One more question, yung batang babae saan n’yo kinuha?” I asked while staring at them coldly.

“Hindi nga namin ala—” I cut them her off.

“Lie, that kid is your own child” I said while glaring at her before leaving the room and left them both in shocked.

“Is that true?” Giovanni asked while we’re walking.

“Yes, I just found out by chance” I answered, nagpaalam na kami pareho kay Pio bago kami lumabas.

“About your lover, who is that? Pakilala mo naman ako” He said so i rolled my eyes and sighs.

‘Baka pag nalaman mo, gumuho mundo mo’

“Come on, at ilapit mo rin ako sa assistant mong si Lynx— anyway I haven’t seen him around where is he?” I glance at him and furrowed.

“At my house” I answered and he stop but he walk beside me again.

“What do you mean?” He asked nervously, a small smile curve into my lips.

“Listen Giovanni, he’s not only my assistant and that’s true he’s staying at my house— you’re not st*pid to not know what I mean, and what do you think happens to two people who live together in the same house?” I asked with a smug tone.

“What the fuck are you talking about Damon?!” He said angrily, it’s fun seeing him furious.

“I’m saying don’t touch him Giovanni, i’m warning you— you know how I get angry, so don’t wear out my patience” I said coldly while glaring at him.

“We’ve known each other for a long time, so you know I don’t want to share what I have and owned” I said seriously and walked towards my car.

“He’s mine Giovanni, the moment he was born he already belonged to me so don’t expect that you have a chance” I hissed with a piercing stare and got into my car before I leave him there frozen.

I won’t let anyone else take him away from me, not a second chance.