CHAPTER 1

Atreus Lynx Perveus’s POV

“Goodmorning sir Lynx” I smiled at them and greeted them back, guess i become popular since the first time i enter this company, and now i have to face the boss.

I took the elevator and while i was inside i fixed my hair and suit as well as my necktie and as soon as the elevator open, i was greeted by my boss’s secretary who was sitting at a large desk and seemed to be doing something.

“Goodmorning sir Lynx, the boss is inside just be careful because he seems to be in the bad mood" She said so i smile and bow down before i went in front of my boss’s office.

I sighed before knocking three times and waited two seconds before opening the door and going inside.

When i turned around, i saw that he was busy with the papers in front of him and didn’t even pay attention to me, so i just stood there and waited for whatever he ordered.

I stared at him seriously arranging the papers in front of him, it was a pile and i couldn’t help because he wouldn’t let me that’s why when he does a lot of work like now, i told Shira which is his secretary to call me if something like this happens.

Within a few months of working with him, i know how tired he is at work, sometimes he only sleeps for a few hours because of the amount of work he does at idagdag mo pa ang mga schedule n’ya sa mga meetings pati na rin sa modeling, ako ang secretary/assistant n’ya sa modeling at iba rito sa company n’ya.

I want to help him but he kept saying i’m his personal assistant, i don’t know what’s his point but whatever it is— is pointless.

“What are you doing here? I told you i don’t need help” I was startled at first but i immediately adjusted my posture and seriously looked at where he was.

His voice was deep and stressed, even though he knows that he’s already tired and wanted to rest he still don’t want anyone’s help— what a prideful j*rk.

“Yes sir i remember you say that but you still need someone to assist you, do you want me to buy you your favorite coffee at Starbucks? Or would you like me to get you some regular coffee here in the company instead?” I asked politely and formally with a hint of seriousness, my two hands were behind my back while standing properly and staring at him because i couldn’t take my eyes off him— he doesn’t like it.

He stopped what he was doing and looked up at me, his eyes were very cold but i’m used to it so i can’t look away anymore, his stare are scary and so piercing.

He crosses his arms, fingers tapping his biceps and staring at me intensely.

“Starbucks is far from here” He said seriously and waited for my answer, i don’t have my car with me so i guess i have to walk.

“I will walk” I saw him frowned a little before massaging his temple and he put his card on the side of his table and a key was on top of it, it’s his car key.

”Make sure you return my car unscathed, otherwise you will suffer the punishment that you will never forget for the rest of your life and not only that.. the punishment that i will give will surely be sought by you” He said sternly before he start working again, is he even a human?

“I understand sir” I said last before saying goodbye to him and leaving while i still can breath properly, i really can’t handle the weight of the atmosphere in his office, it’s too heavy and the surrounding is so dark and another thing is that the martini is not missing next to him.

“How it is Lynx? Anyway i forgot to tell you that his wife called, can you tell him later?” Shira asked when i got out of the office and it’s really nice to breathe here than inside his office, it’s suffocating.

“Sure, i will just buy something” I uttered and enter the elevator again.

His wife huh, i’ve only seen his wife three times and what’s even more surprising is that they don’t seem to live in the same house because every time he brought me to his house it was so obvious that only one person lived in there and there was no photo of them when they got married.

It’s just suspicious but i don’t really care about other people’s lives or relationships, i don’t tend to get involved in other people’s problems because i don’t want to ruin my own reputation.

I love my job and that’s it.

But i can’t deny that sometimes, something comes to my mind every time i stare at him— and what i’m thinking is..

How can i tame this man?