CHAPTER 18

Astreus Lynx Perveus’s POV

“Hi Lynx, we’re here" I stood up and turned around when i heard my friends voice.

Actually kakarating ko lang din galing sa apartment ko dahil kailangan kong maligo at magbihis.

“Guys, thankyou for coming.. sorry i—”

“Shushh!! Shut it! We don’t want to hear your sorry, we told you right? We’re always here for you man” They said that made me smile.

Well despite of all of that, i’m still lucky to have them.

“That’s right, kami na bahala kay Trisha” Nilapitan ko ang kapatid ko at hinalikan s’ya sa noo bago ako nagpaalam sa kanila at umalis na.

Nagtungo na ako sa sasakyan pero hindi muna ako umalis at nagstay muna roon habang nagiisip, sa totoo lang ayoko muna talagang pumasok.

Pero mas nagaalala ako ngayon sa kapalit na hihingiin ng boss ko sa pagbabayad n’ya sa hospital bills ng kapatid ko.

Masyadong malaki ang binayaran n’ya dahil private ang hospital na iyon at kahit sa tatlong buwang ipon ko ay hindi ko kayang bayaran yun.

Sa oras na singilin n’ya ako sa pera ay wala akong maibabayad, ano nalang ang gagawin ko? Paano kung tanggalin n’ya ako sa trabaho?

I just put aside the questions that were bothering my mind and started to drive the car away.

A few minutes later I arrived at his company building and I immediately parked the car, when I entered, many people greeted me and I immediately smiled.

Marami rin ang nalungkot sa nabalitaan nilang nangyare sa kapatid ko and lot of them cheer me up, and it help me alot.

“Lynx!! I’m glad to see you here again” I greeted the boss’s secretary with a hug, which she immediately reciprocated while smiling sweetly at me.

“The president is inside, but he’s talking to someone" I just stood in front of his door while waiting for whoever he’s talking to get out.

“I will just call him" I tried to stop her but she quickly dialed the number so I just let her, later the door opened quickly and a woman came out.

Stunning.

She walked passed me and I noticed that she was frowning as if something happened inside.

I look inside his office and it’s still dark inside but even so, i can still see him sitting in his swivel chair while.. staring at me?

Inayos ko ang neck tie ko bago pumasok sa loob at dahan dahang sinarado ang pinto bago naglakad palapit sa kan’ya.

What happened on the other night is still clear in my mind and I still feel embarrassed every time I remember it.

“I’m glad you’re back, how’s your sister’s condition?” He asked so i told him she’s okay.

“You’re wondering why I paid the bills? Let’s just say your sister is impressive and that’s my gift to her" He said that made me flinched, that’s not the answer that I want.

“I will pay you when I have enough money” I said and I heard him sighs heavily, he’s really a serious person.

“Are you sure you can pay that much money?” He asked and it doesn’t sound like an insult at all so i’m not offended.

“No sir” I answered directly.

“Exactly, you don’t have to pay me you’ve done a lot for me so I should return the favor” He said but i insist because of my pride.

“I still want to pay you even half, because I don’t want to be indebted to someone” He didn’t say anything and just stare at me sternly and intensely.

“Stubborn huh, fine pay me 500k I will give you one month to pay the full amount. Can you do that huh? Secretary Lynx” I gulped and look down because the fact that i don’t have that much money is embarrassing.

“Stop insisting, I know you’re saving to pay for your grandmother’s hospital because your mother doesn’t care about her mother right?” My eyes widened in shock because of what he said.

“How far did you dig?” I asked with a low voice.

“Everything, i already know everything and i can’t believe you went through all of that” I was silent at what he said and clenched my fists.

“So you’re that kind of person who is willing to take on the responsibility of others, that’s so kind of you” He said but i just bit my lower lip.

“I paid everything including your parents debts so you don’t have to save your money to anyone" My eyes widened but it start to become teary and the tears I couldn't shed yesterday, I shed today.

“Come here” I didn't complain anymore and just obeyed what he wanted me to do, so now i’m in front of him.

“How much do you think it will cost to add up everything I paid?” He asked so i think about it, i’m not sure about my answer but i just guess it.

“2.5 million, to be exact?” I said while looking down and sniffing.

“Let’s say a million, then how do you think you can pay for all that hmm?" He asked and his voice is almost a whisper.

“I-i don’t know.." I answered with a lower voice.

“Okay, since you want to pay me that much.." I was taken back when he suddenly hugged my waist while staring at me coldly and sharply.

“I want you to be the payment”