CHAPTER 9

Astreus Lynx Perveus’s POV

“Come with me secretary Lynx" I was surprised for a moment when the president suddenly entered the tent and said that, I stood up immediately and followed him outside.

We walked towards the car, his wife was with us and I have no idea where we are going but I think they’re going to talk? Then why do I need to be tag along?

They rode in different cars and the president got in beside the driver’s seat so I got in too and started the engine.

Hinintay muna namin na mauna ang asawa n’ya bago kami sumunod, mabagal lang ang pagmamaneho namin habang nasa likuran ng asawa n’ya.

I don’t know how they got married because based on the way they both act, it seems like they don’t love each other.

How did i say? That’s because both of them treat each other coldly and every time they talk it always ends up in a fight as if they have a grudge against each other.

And another thing I noticed is that whenever they face their parents, they both wear rings, but when their parents are not present, they are like enemies.

In the few months that I have been working for the president, he has not yet brought a woman to his office and his secretary also told me that he has not yet introduced a girlfriend because he’s always full of work.

I have a suspicion that their marriage is just an act because if they are married then they should be together under the same roof and start a family, actually even if not mbut it is common for two married couples to live in the same house, they’re the only ones who are different.

“Secretary Lynx, whil are you thinking?” I was startled when he suddenly spoke to me, my finger twitch and i start tapping at the steering wheel.

“Nothing sir.. foolish me to ask sir, I was just curious if you two are really married?” I asked and tighten my grip on the steering wheel because of that st*pid question.

“Yes we are but not official, we are married in paper” He answered that made my eyes widened.

“We used to be friends before, but we developed our hatred for each other when we did nothing to stop us from getting married, even though the marriage was only on paper, we both still didn’t want it” He said while leaning on his hand and staring outside the window.

“But why? Sorry.. i don’t understand why do you hate each other? I mean.. that’s not your fault or her either” I said and glance at him for a second before glancing back at the road.

“We don’t know, it’s just that our anger towards each other suddenly developed, especially her because when her boyfriend found out that she was going to get married on paper, they almost broke up” He said, now i understand.

“But I helped them fix their relationship and I myself explained to her boyfriend that I was not interested in anyone ‘before’ and I even handed a proof and thankfully it was worth it because he believe us” He said and his voice was like a voice of a person who sigh of relief.

“I see, sorry for asking I just can’t handle my curiosity anymore" I said and keep driving.

“I understand, but that’s the truth and only you and that b*stard know about this and i hope you don’t tell this to anyone— I trust you secretary Lynx” I nod in response, he’s obviously talking about the director.

“Yes president” I answered.

Hindi ko na gustong alamin kung bakit pinilit silang mag pakasal pareho dahil wala akong karapatang malaman iyon, kahit curious pa ako ay hindi ako magtatanong.

That’s personal matter and I know my limitation.

“If i got married.." I was slightly taken aback by his sudden speech but i didn’t say anything and just waited for his next word.

“I will make them wear three expensive rings” He said with a serious voice, I stare at him for a second before glancing back to the road.

He doesn’t seem joking, he is indeed serious.

“A promise ring, engagement ring and wedding ring” I was silent when he said that, is he really serious?

“Do you think that’s too much?" He suddenly asked.

“I don’t know sir” I answered fast and simply.

“Have you ever received one of the rings i mentioned?” He asked that made me froze, and the man who left me when we were young came back to my memory.

The man I grew up with, but all our happy memories were cut off when they suddenly moved out but before they leave he gave me a promise ring which I now make a pendant on my necklace— I can’t even remember what he looked like, but I have one clue about him, meron s’yang malaking balat sa ibabang tagiliran.

“Secretary Lynx? I’m asking you” I went back into a trance.

“Ahh.. yes sir, i received a promise ring before” I answered in my lower and soft voice.

“I see.. you know secretary Lynx, if I were to choose the next one I would marry, I’d want someone like you“ My eyes suddenly widened when he said that bluntly.

“Sir???”