CHAPTER 28

Darius Alistair Véres

“Mr. President, tomorrow is the day that we will return home, I hope you are ready, so first make sure that there is no work to be left behind” I just nod at my secretary for an answer.

I haven't called him since last time but I think he will understand my situation.

“Oh and.. here’s the thing you wanted me to do” I immediately turned to look at her and straightened my seat when I saw that she was holding a folder.

“Both? Past and present?” I asked with my neutral voice, she nod in response and handed me the folder.

“So Lynx is..” I glance at her with a sharp look that made her flinched.

“I’m sorry, i will go now call me if you need anything” I didn’t answer anymore and juststare at this folder, as soon as she left I took my phone and dial a number.

“How’s the DNA?” I asked as soon as he picked up the call.

“I will just say it directly because I don’t have time, it’s both negative” I combed my hair with my palm and washed my own face.

“Are you sure about that Jeremy?” I asked sternly, wanted to make sure that he’s telling the truth.

“Yes man, why would I ever lie to you.. it’s negative, their not his real parents" He said, i cursed so many times while scratching my head.

“F*cking hell.. i should’ve run a test a long time ago.." I mumbled while tapping my finger on the desk because of frustration.

“Hey.. why is that kid important to you? Nung isang araw ka pa lutang at mukhang s’ya ang dahilan ah” I sighed heavily and lean on the swivel chair.

“Because we are.. supposed to be bond together" I mumbled softly.

“Supposed? Wait.. your saying that, you’ve known your assistant before?” He asked.

“Mind your own business id*ot” I answered and hang up the phone.

Nabaling ang tingin ko sa folder na hawak ko, sandali ko pa itong tinitigan bago naisipang buksan.

I opened it and took out six papers, the contents of the folder are background checks on Lynx and his parents along with his two siblings

I took a deep breath and leaned back on the swivel chair when I saw the contents of the papers, what the f*ck is this?

I took out my cellphone again and called Giovanni who immediately answered the phone.

“What is it?” He asked.

“Tell Sergeant Pio to check if they have a criminal record, write their name. Miranda B. Perveus and Leonardo L. Perveus” I said while massaging my head.

“Perveus? Is this Lynx’s parents?” He asked as I answered yes, he must be confused why i’m asking if they have a criminal record.

“Hmm.. there I send it already, let’s just wait for the response— why are you suddenly asking this kind of stuff? Isn’t this offensive for Lynx?” He said seriously.

“He’s not their real parents, all of them are not even blood related” I said with a hint of irritation on my voice, I didn’t know that his life would be this f*cked up.

I met Lynx’s parents before but they’re decent and kind so why do they suddenly abuse their child? And another one I know Lynx’s parents are no debts because they are rich but now his parents have too many tattoos and also have vices too.

“You mean including his siblings? So not even those two kids are blood related? So they are basically adopted?” He asked curiously, i sighs because I don’t know and I don’t understand fully.

“Yeah” I just answered and my mind is full of unknown thoughs right now, but i’m curious how did they get Lynx? And where’s his real parents?

All my regrets came back to me and all the past that should’ve long been buried in oblivion I remembered again.

But right now my curiosity and concern prevails for the three of them, if what they called 'parents' are criminals, how did they end up among criminals? Did their real parents sell them?

My head is throbbing right now, f*ck this.

Habang hinihilot ko ang sintido ko ay kinuha ko ang laptop ko at binuksan iyon at tinignan kung anong ginagawa ni Lynx.

I cross my legs while my chin are resting into my palm while my other hand are tapping into the table while watching him earnestly.

It may sound creepy or what but I put a cctv in my room and at the whole house so I can watch him, I do this because i know that he’s Astreus— I will not let him into my house if he’s not important to me especially my room

I only found out that he was Atreus when he told me that he had a promise, of course I didn’t immediately think that he was the person I had been waiting for a long time because there were many people that receiving a promise ring.

But when I went to his condo to get his things, I saw the ring he was talking about, the same as the ring I gave to my beloved that happened to be him.

I was happy of course but I didn’t rush things because I don’t want ro shocked him and cause him a headache like I was watching right now.

He probably remember everything already and I can’t wait until tomorrow, I have to go home right now

Because I know that he will runaway and I will not let that happen.

I’ve planned everything and I really have no intention of asking him in return for my payment of all his debts, but the Astreus I know will not agree that he owes a debt to someone.

And the moment he steps his feet inside my house he’s no longer allowed to escape, actually he's been mine since then.

But I have to own him again.