CHAPTER 16

Astreus Lynx Perveus’s POV

I’m taking a shower now, I don’t know where my work clothes came from because when I woke up they were already hanging on the boss’s closet door.

And when I woke up, the president was no longer by my side so he probably went to work, his company is actually close here kaya dito s’ya natutulog pag kailangan n’yan umattend ng meeting ng maaga.

I quickly dressed up, thankfully it’s still early pero nagiisip ako kung pupuntahan ko ba ang kapatid ko para bisitahin.

I left his condo and locked the door, he texted me.

L walked until I got out of the building and just as I was leaving Gray called me so I frowned but I answered immediately because maybe something happened to my brother.

“Hey Lynx did you watch the news?” He asked so i frowned and told him not.

“Why? Anong meron sa balita?” Nagtatakang tanong ko habang binubuksan ang pinto ng sasakyan.

“It was said in the news that two married couples were arrested for being abusive, but that married couple.. is your mother and father" My eyes widened when he said that so i immediately got inside the car and drive.

“Unang nahuli ang tatay mo pero mukhang may nagsabi rin na inaabuso ng nanay mo ang kapatid mong babae, tinawagan ko na ang tita mo at nasa kanila raw su Trisha.. puntahan mo na s’ya umiiyak si Tristan gusto na yatang makita ang kapatid mo” Dagdag n’ya kaya hindi na ako sumagot pa at pinatay ang tawag bago humarurot patungo kung saan ang kapatid ko.

Two of them.. are being abuse by our own parents?

I was shaking with anger and my eyes were starting to become teary again, i was shaking in fear that Trisha’s wounds might be worse compared to Tristan’s.

F*ck this, why them?!! Why not just me?!! Why do they have to suffer?!!

When I got to my aunt’s house, I immediately went down on the car and run to their house I did not knock on their gate and immediately entered and knocked loudly and hurriedly on the door.

Hindi rin nagtagal ay bumukas ang pintuan pero hindi ko na hinintay pa s’yang magsalita at kaagad na pumasok sa loob.

“Where’s Trisha?" I asked and roam around inside the house.

“She’s not here kuya Lynx, dinala s’ya nila mama sa hospital malapit lang dito kung saan tayo nagpapa check up noon—” Hindi ko na pinatapos pa ang sasabihin n’ya at nagmamadaling lumabas at bumalik sa sasakyan ko.

My eyes start to tear when i heard that, hospital? Why is she on the hospital?

Oh f*ck this life..

“Be okay baby please..” I mumbled before I drifted.

I immediately arrived at the nearby hospital that they said so I immediately went inside and said my sister’s name, I hurriedly went to her room when they said the room number.

Halos gumuho ang mundo ko nang makita ang kalagayan ng kapatid ko.

“Lynx..” My aunt immediately hugged me while she’s crying, my tears kept falling because of the sadness, pity and anger that I felt mixed together.

“Oh God.." I approached my sister and held her hand with my trembling hand.

I cried even more when I saw her body full of wounds and bruises, there was evidence on her neck that she had been strangled.

I knelt on the side of the bed while holding her hand.

“Trisha’s relative?” Napalingon ako sa likuran nang may pumasok na doctor.

“Brother.. i’m her brother” I said with a low voice while wiping my tears.

“Your sister’s condition is critical and a part of her body is broken, probably because of punching and kicking but don’t worry she will be fine” He said reassuringly that made me sigh in relief.

But f*ck, she went through all that.. they both doesn’t deserve this.

“And about the medical bills everything has been paid so you have nothing to worry about, let’s just wait for the child to recover” He added that shocked me.

“Wait.. what? Who paid the bills?" I asked, he smile at me.

“It’s from the Véres company, excuse me" He left while i’m still in shocked, the president pay the bills? But why?

I stare at my sister and caress her cheeks gently.

Why is this happening to us? Why is life so easy on them but difficult for us? They don’t deserve to suffer like this, they’re just kids.

This world is so cruel..