ACT 5 - seven.

"Can you please make a prenup?" I asked. I was on the phone with my lawyer. I needed to divorce Lando and I needed to do it smart.

"A prenup?" He sounded shocked but also quite disappointed. He's been my lawyer for a long time now and he was also my father's lawyer.

He sighed when I didn't answer immediately. "Who are you planning to marry?"

"Lando" I said softly. "Norris" I cleared my throat. "I-uh- already married him"

Another sigh, this time a little louder.

"When did you marry him? You never told me anything about that" but he probably meant that my dad never told him.

"Uh, a few months ago" I wasn't gonna give him the exact details, he would think I was crazy. I wasn't crazy, but I definitely was black out drunk.

"And you didn't think about letting him sign a prenup?"

"Well, no, he's a millionaire" and I was drunk. "And you're a billionaire, Rae" another sigh.

"I wasn't back then and yes I was stupid, can you just sent me the prenup and divorce papers asap?"

"I can't" he said. "A prenup is something you sign before you marry someone"

So basically, I was fucked.

"I can make a post-nuptial agreement, where it says that he takes distance of everything you own"

My heart skipped a beat. I wasn't fucked after all.

"But I don't think it's ideal to let him sign the agreement together with the divorce papers. It won't look good if he decides to take it to court"

I shrugged my shoulders but soon realized he couldn't see that over the phone. "I don't care, he isn't that smart"

A lie, he was pretty smart, but he was also a racing driver who needed to concentrate on the upcoming race.

————————

My lawyer made the agreement pretty quickly, so I was gonna make Lando sign it today, together with the divorce papers.

He would be pretty busy with the race and knowing Lando, he wasn't gonna read stacks of papers.
So I tucked it between all the other papers.

I walked in the hospitality, went up to his drivers room and just walked in.

Lando was laying on the massage table, his trainer was massaging him and his new girl was sitting on the couch.

"Um-excuse you?" She said as she looked at me. "I don't need to be excused" I said as I walked to Lando.

"Can you sign these please?" I held the papers under the table so he could see them.

"Ha, you really want his autograph now?" His new girl chuckled. "Pathetic" she mumbled, loud enough for me to hear it.

"I want his autograph yes" I looked behind me and looked at her. "On our divorce papers"

She looked at me, shock all over her face. "Divo-what is she talking about, babe?" He eyes snapped to Lando who was already sitting up at his massage table.

He snapped the papers out of my hands and looked through them.

"We will talk about this later" he said as he put them down next to him.

"I would like to get it over with, preferably right now" I said. I also didn't want to give him the chance to read it too carefully.

"I said" he jumped off the table and stood in front of me. "We will talk about it later"

I couldn't do anything about it, if I would press him too much then he was gonna suspect something was up.

"Fine" I said, taking a couple of steps back and leaving his drivers room.

I didn't even watch his race, I was just sitting outside of the hospitality for the entirety of the race, doing my own work.

My hotel managers were doing a good job handling the hotels on their own. I didn't have time for that anymore but I still checked in on the Monaco hotel from time to time.

It was definitely my favorite hotel and after I fired Nora, everything was going smoothly.

"Did you really think I would sign this?" Lando threw the papers on the table.

Fuck, he did read through it all, so he must've suspected something.

"Why not? You said you weren't after my money, right?"

He shrugged his shoulders with a smirk. "Maybe I just don't wanna divorce you Rae, I like to be married to you"

I slammed my laptop close and got up as I put my hand on the table. "You can't be fucking serious, sign the goddamn papers"

"Or what?" He looked me straight in the eyes.

I said nothing. I couldn't reply because I couldn't hold anything against him.

"That's what I thought" he smiled. "Bye Mrs. Norris" he winked as he walked back in the hospitality.

I sighed as I sat down again. He had me cornered and there was nothing I could do.

I couldn't divorce him because he would get 50% of everything I owned, including the hotels.
I couldn't stay with him because he would have to give his permission if I wanted to make big business decisions.

And honestly it would just be crazy to stay married while we both moved on.

I had to come up with something.