ACT 3 - ten.

"So how was your family dinner yesterday?" Max Fewtrell asked as we walked in the paddock together. "Good, Lando did so good"

"So I've heard" he mumbled. I guess we were a little too loud yesterday.

It was quali today and I was wearing his shirt, orange, with a big 4 on the back. Not my usual outfit but I didn't care. I wanted to support Lando and I wanted everyone to know I was here for him and only him.

A couple of journalist were walking up to us, trying to snap a picture.

"I forgot you are just as famous as the muppet" Max sighed, trying to ignore them. I chuckled. "Well, he's loved and I'm hated. Big difference there"

"Yeah, go fix your hotel" he mimicked every comment under my pictures lately and laughed. "That's just how it goes when you date Lando, you'll receive a lot of hate" he shrugged his shoulders.

"I guess" I mumbled. We both walked in the hospitality and Zak was already waiting for us.

"Miss Delvey, it's good to see you in our hospitality again" he said as he shook my hand. "You can call me Rae" I shook his head with a smile.

"And you can call me Max" Max said as he raised his eyebrow. I started laughing and nudged him as we both walked upstairs, to Lando's drivers room. "Were you feeling left out, Fewtrell?"

"No, miss Delvey" he rolled his eyes. "When are you gonna tell people you're actually Mrs. Norris?"

"When we get married for real" I answered before knocking on Lando's door and getting in.

He was sitting on his couch, with his head in his hands. I looked at Max who just shrugged his shoulders. Did something happen? What was going on?

I went up to him and got down on my knees in front of him. "Baby?" I asked softly as I put my hands on his arms.

He looked down at me, forcing a smile on his face. "You look cute" he said, pointing at my shirt.

"I had to support my baby, but I guess he isn't feeling good?"

He sighed and looked up. "I'm feeling good, I just want to qualify high, I want to make my family, friends and especially you proud"

So the pressure was getting to him. I knew exactly how that felt. Sometimes I felt as if we were too young to experience pressure like this.

"We're proud of you, not matter what happens" I got up and sat down next to him. "But I know you'll do great because you're fucking talented"

"You'll be at my garage, right?" 

I nodded. "Of course I will, together with your family and that nugget" I pointed at Max, who looked at us confused.

We called him nugget every time when we wanted to talk about him, without him realizing we were talking about him.

"I love you so much" he said as he grabbed my face and kissed me quickly. "I love you too" I mumbled back.

—————————

I was running through the paddock just before the quali was about to start, but I needed something to drink and unfortunately I forgot to bring my drink to the garage.

So I needed a quick stop in the hospitality.

I grabbed my bottle of water and was running back to the garage when I bumped into someone. "Excuse-" I started before looking a the person in front of me.

Nora?

What the fuck was she doing here?

"Nora?" I said a bit too annoyed. "Hi Rae" she smiled, a fake smile no doubt.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

She shrugged her shoulders, still with that smile on her face. "I got invited by Max"

Max? Max invited her?

She probably expected me to ask why but I wasn't gonna give her that pleasure. I just nodded and walked passed her.

Max had some explaining to do. I didn't even know he could actually invite people here? I thought he was the one that got invited?