sixteen.

I went back to Monaco and Lando flew to Miami for the next race. He went earlier than most drivers because he had some sponsor things to do.

I actually didn't care at all. I was happy he was gone and I was alone for a whole week.

But he left me with the key of his apartment, which was pretty damn nice.

I walked on the balcony and lit my cigarette. This was way better than a room in the Hilton Hotel. The rooms were nice but the people were just annoying.

Nora and Juliette really thought they were my friends now, they called me by my first name, tried to make a conversation and I was just not interested in their pathetic lives.

With every puff, my lungs filled with more smoke and I felt like myself again.

Only with a bigger apartment and a Mclaren in the garage.

Just as I was about to take another puff, there was a knock on the door but I ignored it, no one was expecting me to be here so it was probably one of Lando's friends.

And I wasn't interested in getting to know them, at all.

"Rae?" someone yelled my name. I rolled my eyes, threw the cigarette off the balcony and walked to the door. I opened it and saw Max Verstappen standing in the hallway.

"Lando isn't here, he flew to Miami already" I said as I wanted to close the door again but he put his hand against it and held it open. "I know, that's exactly why I'm here"

"I don't get it" I frowned, but I had a pretty good idea what he was gonna tell me.

He pushed the door open and let himself in. "I see you got the keys of the castle already" he mumbled. "What is your plan Rae?"

"My plan?" I said as I closed the door behind him and walked to the kitchen to avoid eye contact. He knew me well, we dated for a long time so he knew when I was lying and I was planning on doing that right now. "I love him"

"No you don't" Max said as he walked after me. "You don't fucking love him but he does, he loves you"

I started biting the inside of my cheek as I was thinking about the best answer. I couldn't tell him the truth because he would run straight to Lando.
I never saw Max like this, he really cared about him.

"Do you want his money or something?" he asked.

I chuckled. "I own the Hilton Hotels Max, I don't need his money"

"Your dad owns the hotels" he corrected me and without realizing it, he found the reason why I was doing this.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Whatever, I don't have a plan, I just love him"

"Just like you loved me?"

I wish I never opened the door for him.

"That was different, I needed money back then" my answer made him laugh and I couldn't blame him.

I started dating him because my dad cut me off, left me with no money and I wasn't gonna work. So I 'accidentally' bumped into him a few times.

He wasn't a big deal back then, he wasn't as popular or famous, he was still in his early days but I knew he was talented, I just knew he would be a big deal and I was right.

So I dated him and he spend a lot of money on me until I made up with my dad. I didn't need Max anymore, so I started to ignore him or be rude, just so he would break up with me.

It still took a long time before he actually did.

I always denied using him and because he was the one who broke up with me, everyone thought he left me for Kelly and everyone felt bad for me.

"Just let me tell you one thing, if you hurt him, I'll make sure everyone knows what kind of person you are" Max said pretty calmly. "Especially your daddy"

He waited a few seconds before walking to the door and leaving.

I grabbed a glass from the counter and threw it at the door. It shattered in a million pieces.

Just as I was planning on doing with Lando's heart.