ACT 5 - six.

His new girl interrupted us again, I was pretty sure she didn't trust Lando, or she didn't trust him standing so close to me.

I realized she was his PR manager, I didn't even know that until now. For some reason it was even more fucked than dating a random girl.

I was so confused. Lando was the one who broke up with me, even though he will tell everyone it was a mutual decision, it really wasn't.

He ditched me when I was at my lowest point. Fair enough, he took care of me for weeks and I was a mess, but he moved on so quick.

As if he already had someone on standby.

"I know a cute place where we can have a nice dinner" Max Verstappen said as I was walking out of the paddock.

I turned my head to him and rolled my eyes. "You don't give up, do you?"

"Should I?" He smirked.

"Well, it depends on what your intentions are" I said as I scanned my pass and turned to him. "Because I'm never ever gonna be dating a F1 driver again"

And with that, I left this paddock behind me. I had no reason to be here anymore, it only gave me bad memories.

I wanted to cut this part out of my life as soon as possible. I wanted to cut Lando out of my life.

—————————

We were in Zandvoort, so the only good thing about that was the beach.

Max Fewtrell and I were strolling down the beach, with the sounds of the waves behind us.

"So you cut your contract with Mclaren?" He asked softly. I noticed he wanted to bring it up all evening but he was probably too scared.

He shouldn't, I understood that he was in such a difficult position. I was cutting the money his best friend used to live his dream.

"Not yet" I said. "I am giving Zak a week to give me reasons why I- why Hilton should stay"

But he couldn't come up with reasons for Hilton to stay, because we had no reasons to.

"So.. Lando took his new girl with him to Croatia, right?"

Max was there, so he knew it, he just didn't want to say it and he didn't have to, the look on his face said enough.

"He did" Max confirmed. So it only took him days.

If he loved me as much as he claimed to, he wouldn't be able to move on so quickly.

Was he using me all this time?

He was definitely using me today. The way his fingers brushed against mine, the way they intertwined with each other.
The way his eyes looked at me.

He thought he could charm his way out of this. But he was so wrong.

"I am sorry Rae" Max said softly, as if he knew what I was thinking.

I sat down and let the sand go through my hands. He did the same, sitting next to me and looking at the water.

"It's not your fault, I'm just glad you're here with me" I nudged him playfully. "Well, I'm glad I'm here with you too"

"Did Lando talk to you yet?" I hated to bring up Lando, again, but I guess he called Max as well.

He nodded. "He called me today, saying how good of a friend I was, he was obviously being sarcastic" he sighed a little. "And obviously I can't blame him, I had sex with his ex girlfriend and wife"

"Not that I regret it, because I don't, at all" he reassured me as he took my hand in his. I didn't regret it either.

I put my head on his shoulder, thinking about what he just said.

'I had sex with his ex girlfriend and wife'

Wife

Fuck! I was still his wife, we never fucking divorced. So he had access to my money, to Hilton's money.

I was making billions, but he was my legal husband, so my money was his money. Hilton was his as much as it was mine.

I need to divorce him before he realized it too.

I needed to divorce him now.