ACT 3 - one.

Rae's POV

I've been traveling between Spain, Italy, Monaco and France for the past few weeks. It's been hectic and busy but I loved it.

I tried to be the best boss possible and treat everyone equally.

I put Nora in charge of the Monaco hotel, but I wasn't sure if that was the right decision. I thought she would do a great job but she was acting weird lately.

She rejected Juliette to do her old job, which was a pretty questionable decision.

Telling me she was going on a date with Lando was something else that was questionable. Did she tell me to get under my skin?

I didn't know, but I also didn't have time to think about it for too long.

I traveled to London because the hotels in England were now my responsibility too.

And we were partnering with Mclaren, so we were throwing a little party between Hilton and Mclaren.

I organized everything and had a few meeting with Mclaren. It was something confidential so I marked it in my schedule as M.

I knew Nora was checking my calendar a lot because she always knew where to find me or when to call me.

And she didn't need to know we partnered with them before we announced it.

I walked in the party, I wore my long black dress and my hair down.

I had to admit that I was nervous because I knew Lando would be here as well. We didn't talk until a few days back when he texted me.

I stalked him, I called him so many times in the first week after our break up. I don't know why I dumped him in the first place - I don't know why I told him I would never fall in love with him.

Because it was a lie. I already fell in love with him.

I already spotted him, he was wearing his Mclaren team kit, but nonetheless, he looked cute.

I grabbed a glass of orange juice, because I didn't want to drink alcohol, I needed to stay sober.

Every time I drank alcohol, I wanted to smoke and I really wanted to quit.

It's been two weeks since I smoked my last cigarette and I really wanted to pull through.

"Fancy seeing you here" Lando said as he stood next to me and nudged me. "Yeah what a surprise" I chuckled.

I circled around the rim of my glass with my finger. His familiar scent filled my nose and I couldn't deny it anymore.

I missed him.

"Did you know that I used to date the owner of the Hilton Hotels?" He looked at me with that little damn smirk.

"Oh really? I heard she's a real bitch"

We both laughed. I thought there would be an awkward tension between us, especially because I shattered his heart.

I regretted that so much, but I was happy he moved on and he looked happy.

Maybe Nora was better for him anyway, I treated him like shit and he didn't deserve that.

"She's not though" he whispered.

I broke his heart and he was still being so nice to me. This guy was way too sweet.

"How long are you in London for?" He changed the subject, he probably noticed I was feeling uncomfortable.

"Probably a couple of days, I have a few meetings here"

He bit his lower lip, his eyes were everywhere except in my direction. He was also nervous "Do you maybe wanna go to dinner together?"

"I would love to" I smiled which made him look at me again. I missed his beautiful eyes.

"But it's on me, I'll pay" I quickly added. "Oh miss Delvey wants to flex with her money" he laughed.

"Nah, Mrs. Norris wants to treat her husband"

He tilted his head. We both didn't forget we were still married. Even though our situation was a mess, we both didn't file for a divorce.

We both knew we weren't going after the other's money, so getting a divorce would be pretty easy and straightforward.

But I didn't want to divorce him. I was actually proud to have his last name.

"Then I'll see you tomorrow Mrs. Norris" he smirked, kissing my cheek softly. "Definitely Mr. Norris"

His hand brushed down my arm to my hand and we played with each other's fingers for quick moment.

This evening definitely turned out better than expected.