nineteen.

"So how many people are coming tonight?" I ask as I was standing in Lando's kitchen. He was sitting on the counter, typing something on his phone.

"I don't know" he mumbled. "You don't know? How do you know you have enough food then?"

"I-I don't' he started laughing and jumped off the counter. He was so different from me, I tried to organize everything as best as I could and he was so relaxed.

"If we don't have enough food, too bad for them" he said as he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me against his body.

"You need to relax baby" he grabbed his phone again, put some music on and looked at me with a smirk.

He cared about me - he loves me.

And only a couple of minutes later, we were dancing together in the kitchen and I never felt happier than in this moment.

He didn't care to act stupid, he would gladly do it to make me happy, that's how much he cared about me.

I didn't want this barbecue to start. I wish we would be alone tonight because I wanted to cuddle up in his arms, to lay against his chest.

But a knock on the door stopped us from dancing, the first guests were already arriving, way too soon if you ask me.

Lando and I spend the entire evening together, he introduced me to his friends and I hated to admit it, but they were actually quite fun to be around.

"You guys are disgusting, you know that, right?" Max Fewtrell laughed. I obviously knew him already and he was one of the few people that knew we were married.

Lando and I were sitting next to each other with Max in front of us and Lando was whispering some things in my ear. Some sweet things but most of them were pretty naughty.

"I can't wait to be alone with you and kiss you all over your beautiful body" Lando whispered, ignoring Max's latest comment.

I try to suppress a grin as I looked down at my food, but I could feel my cheeks heating up. I'm blushing, he made me blush, for fuck sake.

I looked up and find Max looking at us, his fork halfway to his mouth, his head cocked in our direction. He gestured with his fork at our faces. "What the hell is this? You guys playing footsie under the table or some shit?"

I wanted to move away from Lando, but he stopped me by putting his hand on my thigh. "Mate, no one asked you to sit with us" Lando told Max and I didn't know if he was serious or not but I didn't want them to argue over me.

"I was going outside anyways baby" I said as I looked at Lando and pressed my lips against his. I got up but quickly leaned down on the table again. "Don't play footsie with my boyfriend, okay?" I looked at Max.

Lando and I both started laughing and high fived each other before I walked outside to the balcony.

"Cigarette?" Rhett offered as he stood next to me on the balcony. "No thanks" I shook my head. I really wanted one, I needed one but Lando thought I quit, for him.

"So what is your problem with him?" Rhett asked as he put his elbows on the railing and looked at Lando. "What do you mean?"

"He's handsome, he's rich, ambitious and he's good for you" he pointed out. "So why are you cheating on him?"

It was way too complicated to explain and it was none of his business anyway.

"I don't know" I said as I looked at Lando. He was talking to Nora, he was looking in her eyes and licked the corners of his lips before biting his lower lip.

Was he starting to like her or something?

"Excuse me" I said as I walked back inside, back to Lando. I had this break this little conversation up.

I was being so selfish right now, I was cheating on him every chance I got but he couldn't talk to someone else.

Was I starting to feel jealous? No - I wouldn't care if he was talking to some other girl, but not Nora. She worked for me.

He deserved better than some receptionist, but he also deserved better than..

Me.