Chapter -42, red letter

ALORA'S POV:-

"It's okay love. Don't worry, I will keep you safe" he whispered enough for me to hear.

I felt my eyes watered looking at him. But I could do nothing but wait until the bullets were done shooting.

After a moment which felt like eternity the bullets stopped. Enzo's body lightly relaxed. His arms around me loosened slightly.

Just when I was about to peek behind him to look outside through the open window, my eyes widened when a bullet suddenly passed just an inch by me.

It hit the wall behind us. Enzo was enraged by this. He pulled me out from his embrace and held my hand. Dragging me towards a safer place in the room he clutched both my shoulders. "Are you okay? Are you alright? Did it pierce you??" He started to bombard me with thousands of questions as his worried eyes roamed around my body looking out for injuries.

My heart ached. He was worried for me whereas I should be the one worried for him. "I am fine. Don't worry" I said lowly. He sighed in relief. "I am glad" he whispered staring at me with a smile.

"Are you okay?" I asked, he looked at me confused. I softly touched the side beside his injured arm. "Does it hurt too much?" I asked looking at him with worried eyes. His expression softened.

"No sweetheart. I am fine" he said with a gentle smile as he tucked my baby hair in the back of my ear. I know he is used to enduring pain but I don't want him to silently endure it.

I cupped his face with one hand and sadly looked at him. "Don't hide it. I don't want you to hide your pain from me" I said. His eyes slightly widened. "Express your pains, your sorrows. Don't just keep them inside you and secretly endure it"

I can see his eyes water from emotion. He suddenly held the back of my head and rested his another hand on the curve of my hip. He bend down slightly and gently kissed my lips. I closed my eyes feeling his softness.

Suddenly I heard the door open. My eyes shot opened. I pushed him away slightly and backed away from him breaking the kiss. Blood rushed to my cheeks from embarrassment. Declan, Sirius, Esme and dad entered the office immediately.

"Alora!" Dad shouted. He looked at me worriedly. And I swear I never saw him this terrified. He rushed towards me as I also rushed towards him. He embraced me tightly.

"Oh my dear! My child!" He whispered in relief. I couldn't keep back the tears in my eyes. It fell one by one when his warmth engulfed me. I was terrified. The sound of the bullets were too much for me to handle.

He gently caressed the back of my head trying to soothe me, which strangely worked. "Shh... my child, you are safe" he cooed gently. "Are you alright? Are you injured?" He asked with a worried tone. I pulled out from his embrace. I sniffed. "N-no. I-I am fine"

Esme came beside me. "We were so worried when we heard the gun shots outside. The rooms here are sound proof. So it took us a while to hear the sound of the bullets" she explained. She gently patted my back and sadly smiled at me. "I am glad you both are fine" she said.

"Is there any lead about who did this?" Enzo asked glaring at Declan and Sirius. His eyes were stone cold and dangerous. Both Declan and Sirius paled. They looked down not being able to handle the intimidation of his stare.

"N-no sir. But a letter came just a f-few moments before the gun fire" Declan stammered, which was surprising to me as I have never seen him that shit scared.

"Show it to me" Enzo ordered as he rested his both hands on top of the table, which was holed with thousands of bullets.

Declan pulled out the letter from his pocket and gave it to Enzo. It was a red letter with a gold wax seal in the middle, a sparrow mark on it. I felt Enzo's body still just by looking at the letter.