Chapter -40, picnic

ALORA'S POV:-

Currently we are driving towards the location I got on my message. Enzo rested his one hand on my thigh while he drove the car with the other one. Thor and wolf were looking outside through the windows with curious eyes. I chuckled watching them being so focused on a red car that just passed by.

I was glad to have them here with us as well. Though I had to beg Enzo for it. He was totally against taking them with us. But I couldn't resist the puppy eyes of this two little guards and put them inside the car despite his scoldings.

"At least give me a hint" he said. I shook my head. "Nope. No hints given" I said popping the p. He has been doing this since the time we left home. His curious side just never calms down. He sighed. "I never thought you could be this mysterious" he said making me giggle. "And I also never thought you could be a cry baby when we are alone" I teased.

His ears turned red. "It was just the affect of the moment" he tried to excuse this out. I fought back the urge to laugh at that. I nodded. "Yeah, I believe you" I said with a hint of sarcasm. He groaned making me chuckle.

After a while we arrived at the location. I excitedly got out first before he could come over to open my door. I opened the backside door of the car where wolf and Thor were obediently seating in. I clasped a leash on both of their collars before taking them out of the car. Enzo held Thor's leash while I held wolf's one. I skipped towards Enzo and held his hand. He lightly chuckled. "You have a lot of energy huh" he said. "Always" I replied with a bright smile.

The place where we are is a park. There is a beautiful lake on one side of the park, making it the perfect spot for a peaceful picnic. Some people were already beside the park, arranging the wooden table for a picnic.

My smile brightened when I noticed them. "Let's go" I said as I dragged him towards the lake. He followed behind with a smile.

"Where are we going baby-" he stopped when he looked in front of him. His eyes widened in surprise. "You guys are finally here" dad said as he wiped his hand with a napkin, mom was preparing the meals on the table.

"Hi mom and dad!" I squealed in happiness. Dad smiled. "Hello princess" he said. "Hi darling" mom said as she got up from the ground. Dad was about to come near me when Thor and wolf barked at him angrily, they came in front of me guarding me in a protective manner. "Hey" Enzo called as he tugged Thor by his leash but he didn't budge. They started to growl at dad. "Thor wolf it's fine he is my dad" I said as I patted their head and walked towards dad.

They relaxed when they understood dad was safe. "Sorry about this" Enzo apologised. "It's fine. At least I am glad my daughter has two loyal guards who can protect her" he said which made Enzo smile.

"Hello Mr and Mrs.Hayes" he greeted. "Hello dear" mom greeted back with a warm smile and dad just nodded. She glared at dad when he didn't reply back. Dad avoided her eyes but her glare sure did effect him. He sighed giving up his cold demeanour.

"How are you?" He asked Enzo out of nowhere. Enzo stared at him in surprise. He cleared his throat to compose himself.

"I am fine Mr.Alden" he replied respectfully. His tone made me surprised. I can't believe it was the same Enzo who threatened my parents shamelessly just to get me.

Naven came from behind me. "Welcome Chipmunk" he said rubbing the top of my head. "Hey!" I spat shoving his hand away with an angry face. I hate it when he ruins my hair by doing this. He just chuckled.

"You even brought this trouble makers" he said as his eyes fell on Thor and wolf, they excitedly waved their tail and barked at him. Naven crouched down and started to pat their head which they loved. "Hey there little boy" he said as he started to scratch their fur.