Chapter -13, engagement

ALORA'S POV:-

Just like that the day of the engagement came. I can feel my heart racing every passing second. The whole mansion has been busy for the past few days, everyone was busy decorating the whole mansion, meticulously and happily, as their master is getting married. Some expressed their pity but that doesn't matter anyway, what am I supposed to do with their pity when they cannot even save me from this?

I clutched the dress I am currently wearing and looked up at the huge mirror

I am wearing a beautiful floor length white gold designed mermaid gown. The whole dress was engraved with beautiful artistic design. It had body jewelleries in the neck as well as in the back. The embroidered sleeves fell on my biceps. The dress was gorgeous, perfectly fitting my body.

 The dress was gorgeous, perfectly fitting my body

I looked like a walking corpse

I looked like a walking corpse. Instead of being happy my eyes showed just sadness, helplessness and vulnerability

My hair was styled in a beautiful loose bun, leaving some bangs in front. I wore a pair of diamond earrings with the dress.

One look at me and people can assume how much Enzo spoils me. But none of that mattered to me. I always wanted to marry someone I like, who will not place restrictions on meeting my parents and will let me do whatever my heart desires. Who will not kill people mercilessly just for a mere mistake but here I am suffering, being forcefully engaged to someone I didn't want, I felt tears breaming in my eyes.

*Knock*knock

I quickly blinked away the tears before answering "come in"

Just as I said, the door flung opened revealing the last person I wanted to see today. He stopped in his tracks when his eyes fell on me, his eyes widened, lips apart in awe.

ENZO'S POV:-

"Is the work I told you to do done?" I asked my most trusted friend, Luca, while signing some office papers

"Yes it is done" he replied

"And what about the betrayer? Have you killed him yet?" I asked still not leaving my eyes off from the papers