Chapter -30, her escape

"Auntie? What are you doing here?" She asked tilting her head in confusion as she looked up at the person.

It was the kitchen maid. Alora had seen her after a long time. The maid took some times leave for a few days but today wasn't the day she was supposed to come.

"You..." the maid trailed off "you killed my child" she muttered under her breath. She was looking down hiding her tearful dark eyes. Alora frowned in confusion.

She could feel a weird dangerous aura from her. She started to slowly back away in fear.

"A-auntie I-I don't understand" she said.

The maid suddenly looked up at Alora. Alora backed away more from fear. Her eyes were red from crying. Dark circles cotted her under eyes. The lady's eyes were burning from hatred and revenge. She was a mess.

"You took my son away from me!" She shouted and latched on to Alora. She gripped her neck with both of her hands and tackled her on the ground. Alora yelped in surprise. She struggled to get away from her strong grip.

The lady hoovered over her. Resting both her feet on either side of Alora to restrict her movements.

"Because of you my son is now hanging between life and death!" She shouted again. Alora struggled more. Her way of oxygen was getting cut off by her strong grip around her neck. No matter how much she struggled her small frail body was nowhere to defend herself from the strong grip of the women.

"A-auntie " she called after much struggle. But the maid was nowhere in her right mind. Her eyes were empty and dark without any emotions. She was drowned in the grief of her son and from revenge.

On the other hand, while Enzo and Luca were having an argument, Enzo's eyes fell on Alora for a slight moment. He took a double take. His eyes widened in horror when he saw the sight of Alora getting strangled by a person.

He immediately rushed downstairs. Luca's eyes also widened when he got the sight of Alora. Both of them started to rush down the stairs.

"What did he even do to you to deserve this?" She said. Her voice was mixed in pain. "H-he was bright child who just wanted to make friends" she said choking on her tears. Her eyes showed grief.

Alora scratched her hand but it was of no use. Her face started to get pale. Droplets of tears continuously fell from her eyes.

"But you! You killed him!" She yelled as tears started to fall from her eyes.

"I will kill you before something happens to my child" she said dangerously calm. In a moment her eyes changed to a murderous one.

Alora's eyes started to roll over. She stared upon the sky, finding no way of escape. She also regretted befriending that boy that day in the garden.

If she didn't had any friends maybe she could have saved a person's life but she acted selfishly and endangered an innocent person's life despite getting warnings from Enzo.

Alora's attempts started to slow down. It was futile to fight against this women.

Just the moment she was about to give up Enzo and Luca rushed towards her and pulled the lady away from her.

Alora gasped loudly as she got her air supply back. She started coughing, feeling rough in her neck. Enzo crouched beside her, gently stroking his hand behind her back to calm her.

"It's okay birdie. I am right here" he whispered sweet things in her ear. Alora looked at him with tearful eyes. Just the moment she thought she was going to die he saved her.