Chapter - 23, lost

ALORA'S POV:-

He slowly wrapped his hand around my neck in a light grip. I panicked . What if he chokes me to death?

"Should I do it? I see you have started to disobey me" he said. His face showed no emotion other than pure anger.

"I-I am sorry. P-please d.on't" I said whimpering in his hold. I was confused by his sudden change. Just this morning he was fine and now he is acting like this. " You better don't anger me Amorè. You have no idea what more I can do" he said as he got closer to my neck.

"I am s-sorry" I said. My eyes were breaming with unshed tears. Just the thought of my brother getting tortured made me tear up. I don't want to harm him again.

Enzo sighed in my neck. He let go of my neck and hugged me, pulling me by my waist. "I am sorry Cuoricina" he said " I have no idea what I am doing. I just got scared, what if you leave me again " . I bite my lips not knowing what to say.

"I am sorry, I hurt you. I didn't intend to do so" he said as he pulled out of my neck. My eyes refused to meet his. I just stared at his chest.

How can he say sorry after threatening me with my brother's life and brush it off like nothing happened?

"Cara Mia. Please look at me. I am sorry" he said .His voice sounded like a whine. I took a deep breath to clear my mind. I looked in his eyes. They were reflecting panic and softness for me . But guilt is nowhere shown.

I know he is trying to read me which he can't .Cause I also learned how to put on a mask, thanks to him. I softly smiled and cupped his face. "It's okay. Don't scare me like this. Just don't do this again okay?" I said softly. He nodded like a puppy. I smiled.

He suddenly pulled me up in the air making me gasp. I quickly held his shoulder for support. "W-what are you doing?" I asked only to get no answer. He walked towards the sofa and put me down gently. I sat down on my knees looking at him confused.

He also sat down beside me and embraced me in a hug. He rested his head on my chest. Which made me blush slightly. "Can I stay like this for sometime?" He asked. "b-but..." I said hesitantly. I am afraid of what if someone walks in suddenly.

"Please" he pleaded looking up at me. His Chin resting on my chest. His eyes looked like a sad puppy and I couldn't refuse him. "Okay...but not for much longer and don't do anything weird" I scolded. He smiled and buried his head into my chest.

The position felt embarrassing but if it makes him calm down then I don't mind doing this. Atleast he will be less dangerous. I brushed my fingers through his soft curls. I love touching his hair. It's so soft and silky. I know he likes it too as he moans everytime in delight whenever I do this .

"Is everything alright?" I asked. He hummed softly. "I just missed you a lot" he said. I chuckled. Sometimes he acts like a 6year old child missing his mother.

" I am right here silly" I said pinching his nose.

----------------

It was morning. Enzo already went to his office. I was baking some cookies with the maids. I made some cookies less sweet for Enzo and gave the rest to the maids. They were more than happy to receive the cookies. I am glad they liked them.

"You can go get changed dear. I will pack the cookies for you" said Florina. I smiled and thanked her. "Thank you so much Florina. I will leave the rest to you" I said. I removed my apron and made my way towards my room.

Today I planned to bake cookies for Enzo and surprise him at his office. I took a quick shower and changed into a blue floral top with jeans short skirt. I did simple dewy makeup. Half tied my hair with a sky blue ribbon, tied like a bow. I wore my jewelries and put on my nude box heels.