Chapter -28, late night fun

THIRD PERSON POV:-

The car stopped before the mansion. Enzo dashed out of the car, taking long strides inside the mansion. Alora followed behind.

"Enzo" she kept calling as she tried to match his speed. But no matter how much she called he didn't even glance at her for even once. The voices in his head kept mocking him. He could hear the mockness in his father's tone. He could feel how much of a disappointment he was to him.

'You are nothing but a disgrace!'
'A burden for everyone! Just die!'

He dashed upstairs in frustration making Alora more worried.

Florina was cleaning the windows inside the house when she heard loud footsteps at the entrance of the house. She stood at a distance and watched them in a worried expression. She could see there was some trouble between them. She could see the frustration and sadness in Enzo's face.

She could see how desperately Alora was trying to help him, to soothe him.

He entered his room opening the door with anger. He shut his eyes to calm himself. He was close to just break down and destroy everything around him.

He tried hard to compose himself. He can't let his intrusive thoughts get over him. In the past, he would become a mad beast and destroyed everything around him. Killed anyone who came infront of him.

But this time it was different. This time Alora was with him and he can't afford to hurt her in any way.

"Enzo" Alora's sweet voice came from behind. She entered the room shutting the door behind. He didn't turn around. "Please talk to me love" she whispered gently. He clenched his jaw. He turned around facing her. Her heart dropped as she stared at his dark face.

He smiled bitterly and walked towards her. "You are better without me" he said standing infront of her. "You smile brighter when I am not with you." he whispered.

"What" she whispered furrowing her eyebrows. He wrapped his one arm around her waist and pulled her towards him. Her small body crashed against his hard chest. He held her wrist with the other.

"You are happier when you are with them" he said clenching his jaw. She struggled in his hold. "Enzo...it h-hurts " she said struggling. He chuckled darkly

"Why are you so scared sweetheart" he said. "Oh are you missing that guy?" He spit venomously.

She flinched from his tone. "What" she said in disbelief. "Oh you don't need to pretend. I know everything .That guy, the guy you worked with in the hospital before, the one with whom you would also go to parties and seminars. I know you liked him" he said in a mocking tone.

Her heart clenched in pain from his choice of words. "Why are you saying this Enzo? What happened to you" She asked in a hurt tone. He never did something like this to her. He never mocked her like this.

She raised her free hand and gently caressed his cheek. "Please come to your senses. Please tell me darling" she cooed .

He stared at her. Her worried and hurt expression made him realise what he did. Eventually his hold loosened. One by one drops of tears kept falling from his eyes.

"Sh... it's okay" she cooed placing his head on her shoulder. She rubbed his back gently.

"I know you loved him more than me and you can't ever love me. They kept mocking me." he whispered. She frowned. She pulled away and cupped his face, making him face her. "Who says?" She asked. But he didn't reply, he looked away .

He buried his face in her neck, embracing her closer. "Who said that?" She asked sternly. He growled loudly . "What do you want to know? That how pathetic I am? That how insecure I am about my wife?" He roared.