The Swordsmith Village Part 7

Right when his fist was about to land, Mitsuri Kanroji's life flashed before her eyes.

. . .

Under the sakura tree, stood her arranged fiancee. They were both taking a walk. Mitsuri was both nervous and excited about her first marriage interview.

A man of average height with circular glasses turned to her to speak.

"Only an animal like a bear, boar, or cow would take you as its wife. And then there's that weird hair color. I shudder when I think about that being passed down to my children."

Mitsuri was in shock. She couldn't believe what was happening. She felt like crying but tears didn't flow. Her smile faded quickly and her face fell flat. Sweat started dripping from her face in anxiousness.

"Let's pretend this marriage interview never happened. And please forget about me."

. . .

That was two years ago. Mitsuri Kanroji's marriage was called off. She was seventeen.

She has a special muscle composition. Her muscle density is eight times that of an average human.

Her arms are thin, but in terms of muscular power, she has the strength of Tengen Uzui.

When she was fourteen months old, her mother was pregnant with her brother, so she was worried about her.

Mitsuri once lifted a huge stone that weighed 15 kg (33 lbs).

Her mother, who was famous for her fortitude, collapsed in shock for the first time in her life.

And the girl ate a lot. She ate as many as three sumo wrestlers.

That day, when her marriage interview broke down, she decided to hide those traits.

She dyed her hair black.

Then she held back her desire to eat until it made her head spin.

She also lied a lot and pretended to be weak. Her entire family was worried about her.

Then one day, someone appeared saying he wanted to marry her.

. . .

Mitsuri was wearing an expensive kimono hoping that her future husband would like her. She felt sick. For the past three months in fact. She tried to reduce her eating and she also dyed her hair black hoping that she could find a husband. She was as nervous as the previous marriage interview but the excitement was gone.

She was smiling, but her heart wasn't. She was terrified that this man who said he wanted to marry her, didn't like her and it would turn out like her previous interview.

They both walked down a stone path with sakura trees all around them. The trees were gorgeous.

Mitsuri was looking down at the stone path below as her sandals clobbered against the ground. She was trying her best to listen to what the man was saying and answer any questions he made but she had a hard time focusing. His words came in distinct muffles as her head was in shambles. She tried her best to hide that her face was covered in sweat. She hoped that the man wouldn't notice.

Is this okay?

Is this really okay?

Can I live like this for the rest of my life?

I eat a lot, I'm strong, and my hair color is weird.

Yet I'm pretending to not be me?

Can't I be useful to people by being who I am and doing what I can do?