Tanjiro's Dream Part 2

Tanjiro was inside his house sitting on the floor, embarrassed as his siblings told their mother about Tanjiro's strange actions.

"Then Tanjiro suddenly started crying, so I was surprised."

"That's weird! Hahaha!!"

Their seemed slightly distressed that one of her children was acting strange.

"Oh....Tanjiro, you may be tired. Don't push yourself too hard. Please, rest today."

She put her hand on his cheek to feel his body temperature to check if he was sick. Tanjiro quickly put it off.

"You're over-reacting. I'm fine."

"Really?"

"Yeah! It was like I was having a bad dream."

She started taking her hand away from his face, but for some reason, he put it back

No...don't...don't go...your hand is so warm...don't leave Kaa-san...

("Kaa-san" means "Mother" in Japanese and is used in a polite manner)

Then he embraced her tightly in a hug, which surprised her.

"Tanjiro?"

mmm....so warm...your so warm Kaa-san....

He tilt his head upwards out of her shoulder, so it was facing his mother's face.

"I love you Kaa-san."

Her eyes went wide but she quickly smiled.

"I know Tanjiro. I love you too."

He put his head back into her shoulder and snuggled tightly.

I'm not sure why...but...it feels like I haven't hugged Kaa-san in a long time....it feels so warm and inviting...I never want to leave it...

. . .

A little while later Tanjiro was talking with his siblings when he realized something. He looked around looking for her.

"Huh? Where's Nezuko?"

His brother responded calmly while grinding up food for their dinner.

"She went to pick some vegetables."

Tanjiro went wide eyed and grew concerned.

"Huh!? In broad daylight?!"

All of his siblings looked at him in confusion at his sudden outburst.

"Is...that wrong?"

Tanjiro quickly realized what he was saying was stupid. Why would it be wrong for Nezuko to pick vegetables in broad daylight?

"Oh! No...I guess not..."

What am I saying...?

In the other room their mother called for him.