A New Relationship Blooms

As Tanjiro pulled away from the kiss, Kanao was left standing there stunned.

"Did you um...like that Kanao?"

In her flustered state, all she could do was nod. 

"Does this mean w-we're dating now?"

Tanjiro nodded.

"If that's what you want, then yes."

"Yes, I do want to date you...l-like I said, I really love you..."

"I love you too Kanao...ever since we first met, you always made my heart flutter..."

Silence instilled between them as the moment got awkward. The fireworks were still being lit into the sky exploding into many bright colors in the night's sky so Tanjiro turned to watch them since he was interrupted by her confession. Kanao did the same. Both of them were trying to calm their racing heart and just enjoy the fireworks show. But they couldn't. All they could think about was that kiss. It wasn't very long, but it was oh-so tender. Before this night, Tanjiro could only dream of kissing her plump lips. It seemed like a fantasy to him. But here he was standing beside his now girlfriend, whom he just kissed. He felt like he would wake up any second being reminded that this was all a dream. But it wasn't. He was internally screaming at how surreal this situation felt.

Holy shit! I just kissed Kanao! Ahhhh!! Her lips were so soft!

They both watched the fireworks with the rest of the crowd peacefully. The bright lights and shapes made them watch in awe. It was truly spectacular. After about ten or so minutes, the fireworks stopped and some people started leaving. Tanjiro turned to face her.

"Do you want to leave now, or should we stay?"

"I'm tired so I think we should leave."

Tanjiro nodded in agreeance.

"Okay, let's go then."

They both turned away from the pier they were watching the fireworks from and started walking away. Tanjiro kept on stealing glances at Kanao's hand. He wanted to hold it. Desperately. So he reached out very slowly and wrapped his fingertips around hers and clutched it tight. She looked at his face, but he turned away slightly embarrassed. He liked her hands. Warm and not willing to let go. And neither was he. Her blush increased slightly at them holding hands.

His hands are so warm...

. . .

They both made it back to the butterfly mansion, still hand-in-hand. Tanjiro let go of her hand, much to Kanao's sadness, and he opened the gate to the estate. It was very late in the night now. Way past midnight. Tanjiro walked inside the house leading himself to his room. He got to his door and opened it. Then he noticed that Kanao had been following him all the way to his room.

"Oh right...I'm going to go to sleep okay?"

She looked slightly sad that she couldn't spend any more time with him today. But she still nodded regardless. As he entered his room and closed it behind her, she stuck her foot in the door, preventing him from closing it.

"Hm?"

He opened the door again to see Kanao still standing there.

"Is something the matter?"

She looked off to the side flustered.

"Can I...can I sleep in your bed with you today...?"

Tanjiro thought about his answer for a couple of seconds.

"Uh...sure I guess..."

She walked into the room and looked at him all embarrassed. Tanjiro noticed this.