Final Selection Part 2

Standing before Tanjiro was the biggest demon he's ever encountered. The demon had the smuggest grin plastered on his face. Even though Tanjiro was standing in front of another participant of the final selection trying to protect him, he himself was nervous because he wasn't sure if he could take down a demon of this magnitude. "Here comes another fox" he heard the absurdly big demon say. 

Tanjiro still feeling like the boy's life behind him was in danger if he left him alone. Looking over his shoulder, Tanjiro whispered "Hey. What's your name?" "I-It's Tanaki" was the only thing the boy could blurt out. "Tanaki, if you can still move I need you to get out of here. I'll try to handle this demon myself" Tanaki looked at him dumbfoundedly and tried to object. "I-I can't though, I sprained my ankle and can't run. That's why if you weren't here, I would've surely been eaten by now" "Okay, just stay where you are and I'll try to protect you"

Tanjiro then set his sight once again on the enormous demon. "Say little fox, what year of the Meiji era is it?" Tanjiro looked at the demon confused and said "I-It's not the Meiji era anymore, it's the Taisho era"

The demon finally looked down at Tanjiro hearing something he could not believe. "Already a new era has passed!? Unforgivable!! Unforgivable!! Unforgivable!! How long have I been locked in the wisteria prison?! I'll never forgive him!! Never! Damn you Urokodaki! Damn you Urokodaki! Damn you Urokodaki! Damn you!!" Tanjiro just had to ask why the demon despised his mentor so much. "W-Why do you hate Mr. Urokodaki?" "Because he's the one responsible for capturing me and bringing me to this wisteria hell!! I won't ever forget that moment 47 years ago. He was still slaying demons back then. It was during the Edo period, during the Keio era."

Tanjiro was getting more nervous as the seconds passed by. Tanaki shouted "I-I don't believe you! There aren't supposed to be any demons that have lived for that long! The demons here have only eaten two or three people only! The demons are killed in during selection! Also demons eat each other which makes this impossible!"

"And yet, here I am, alive and still stuck in this wisteria prison. I've eaten a total of fifty small kids." Tanjiro couldn't believe how many lives the demon has took. Fifty? That many? Tanjiro started to remember Urokodaki's words. Never forget this. The number of humans a demon eats determines how powerful it is. Some demons use a type of  magic they call 'Blood demon art'. With time your nose will be able to tell how many people a demon has devoured.

"Twelve, thirteen, and then, you're the fourteenth." Tanjiro looked at him with a confused look and said "W-What the hell are you talking about!?" As his smile grew and his eyes curved upwards, he had the most menacing look that really startled Tanjiro  "That's how many of Urokodaki's students I've eaten. I've decided to eat all of his students as revenge for locking me up in here. Fufu, if you really think that you can defeat me, 50 other people thought the same thing. But look at them now. Oh wait, you can't because there're inside my stomach! Fufu"

As the demon was saying this Tanjiro could feel his blood boiling and him getting angrier as the seconds passed. Tanjiro's breathing was started to get uneven and protruding veins were coming down his forehead. His heart rate increased as he could feel the anger seething out of him. The only thing he could do as his rage elevated was tighten the grip on his sword. He put so much pressure into his sword unknowingly that it started to turn bright red and start to sizzle with how hot the blade became.

"You also want to know how I know your one of Urokodaki's students? Those fox masks that he makes tells me your his student. I know that because I remember the same mask he wore when he captured me. The other fox masks are carved the same way. He called them masks of disaster prevention or something right? But it was because of the fox masks that I had so much pleasure eating them. It's like he lead them right into my belly. Fufufu. All of his students limbs were torn from there body like a doll. Fufufu. I've had enough of toying with you, I'll end you now." The hand demon launched his multiple hands at Tanjiro.

Tanjiro had heard enough. He lowered his head and lowly muttered "Total Concentration. Hinokami Kagura. Burning Bones Summer Sun."

PS Note: Ahh sorry for leaving you all in the dark and not updating for like a week and a half lol. Sorry for using this excuse again but, School has been getting the way of writing again :(

If you enjoyed this chapter don't forget to vote and comment what part you liked the most!

If you didn't enjoy this chapter, that's okay too! Tell me in a comment which part you didn't like so I can improve.

Remember to please vote, share with friends and family, comment, and follow me!

If you have read this far, I thank you! Your time means everything to me. I really do mean it when I say that I appreciate anybody who reads this story. I love you all!